Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dealing/Handling Rippers
Topic Started: Apr 16 2005, 01:32 PM (1,671 Views)
Darkness12
Member Avatar
womg see my site!
[ *  *  *  * ]
How to deal with rippers and hopefully prevent it from happeneing.

Alright, i'm righting this because i recently got ripped. What exactly is ripping? its when another person takes a graphic, template, skin, etc. and claims it has his/her own.

Tip to prevent this:

1. If your online alias is sorta general, for example mine (Darkness), someone can simply claim that "Darkness" is sorta the name of the graphic and easily add his/her own name to it. When using a name like "Darkness", add something that is yours, like a link to a site/forum of yours.

How to handle someone ripping:

1. If this person owns a site/forum, register an account there (if you have to) and make a topic saying that he/she ripped. Post stuff that proves that you own the .psd. Show the graphic with the text and then without it. Then show a pic with the pic/render (if any) and one without a pic/render.

2. If its a skin than that might be a little harder to prove. You can post pics of parts of the skin, (for example the maintle) without part of the design you used, something like that.

TIP: Normally, the users of the forum of the guy who ripped your graphic/skin are going to defend him/her. When I posted the topic some of the other users there defended the admin. Dont go on a spam-a-thon on the forum just cus they piss you off or somehting. Keep defending yourself. Eventually they were convinced by your evidence.

TIP 2: If the ripper denies that he/she ripped, then complain to the host. Go to their support forums and ask is their a form or someone to email about this. For example, if the guy who ripped your graphic owns an InvisionFree board, you can fill out a ripper support form thing and eventually the guy will get his punishment.

Thats all. I hope that this helped you out sorta :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Meltdown
Member Avatar
The Schtig
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well Done!

Your documentation has been approved transferred to the Board Management forum.

We appreciate your entry and encourage you to continue building great tutorials/DOCs to help the InvisionFree and Skin Zone communities.

IF Skin Zone
Edited by Perron, Aug 28 2008, 12:20 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Board Management Articles · Next Topic »
Add Reply