We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Raizen; [ Green | Black | White ]
Topic Started: Jun 15 2008, 03:23 PM (17,573 Views)
x! Shifty
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Preview: Shifty's Zeta Skins<--Original preview board broken
Posted Image
<--click this image for a working one.

There is quite some installation work needed to install this skin. Please read carefully and work systematically through this guide!

Theme Settings

Spoiler: click to toggle

Theme Appearance

Theme Images

Theme Layout

Now, take note of the side menu navigation system. It looks complicated, but it's really very simple. Here's a guide:
Code: HTML

<div><span>Exploration</span> <-- this line is the header line. Edit "Exploration".
<a href="index/">Home</a> <-- these, up to </div>, are the links inside the category.
<a href="search/">Search</a>
<a href="boardrules/">Terms</a>
<a href="members/">Userlist</a>
<a href="faq/">F.A.Q.'s</a>
<a href="calendar/">Calendar</a>
<a href="site/">Portal</a>
<a href="pages/pagename/">Pagename (Website Maker)</a>
</div>

Edit carefully, add and subtract segments of the code in a modular fashion, and you'll be done and dusted quick and easy. I'm here to help if you need it :) You need not use all the categories I provided! You may prefer to just have one, or you may use the exemplary ones I provided, or you may add your own in.

Installation Notes

• Take note of the two following Image Sets Misc. Images entries: Navigation Divider, Navigation Marker. You may use what you wish for these, but this is what I used:
    Navigation Divider (copy very carefully there are three spaces either side of the backslash!)

\

Navigation Marker

Viewing:

[*]There are a few images I have not provided, you're welcome to make them yourself (you may indeed remake mine I don't mind!)
[*]If you have any queries, please ask me here, either myself or another experienced user will assist you.[/list]
Attached to this post:
Attachments: RaizinImages.zip (110.28 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Logestics
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Very nice, glad to see you've released it, Shifty. :wub:

Ziz-ZNR
[ *  * ]
Great skin! I saw the thread about you working on it, and I couldn't wait for the release!

After trying it out on my board, I just have one question: How do I insert a link into the sidebar without it automatically adding my board's basic domain to the beginning of the link (for example, if my site is apples.com, and I insert a link in the sidebar to peaches.org, if I were to click on it, it would take me to apples.compeaches.org)?
Edited by Ziz-ZNR, Jun 15 2008, 04:33 PM.

.Dre
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Thank you for releasing it :)
i loved this skin from the first time i saw it

EDIT: cant DL all of the images, broken links
Edited by .Dre, Jun 15 2008, 05:02 PM.

all4quadingx
[ *  * ]
Can you make this skin for [Filtered] or Invisionfree skin?

please.

Psychosocial
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
W00t! You've released the skin! Like I said before: Best ZB skin yet

x! Shifty
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I do apologise .Dre, I'll upload them with less silly filenames and on multiple hosts ASAP. Thanks for the notice.

mkl, that's simple :D I've used what's called relative links. Links that respond to the basic href rule... But that's not what you asked. Essentially, just stick exactly what you want it to link to in there instead, i.e. <a href=""http://yourdomain.tld/dir/page.html">Page</a> as opposed to <a href="dir/page.html">Page</a>.

If that doesn't work, tell me.

lostforwords
Member Avatar
i dont even
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow.

This is one of the best ZB themes I have seen yet, and I believe it will probably be the best ZB theme for a while. You did an amazing job on it.

Well done. ^_^

Ziz-ZNR
[ *  * ]
x! Shifty
Jun 16 2008, 03:11 AM
I do apologise .Dre, I'll upload them with less silly filenames and on multiple hosts ASAP. Thanks for the notice.

mkl, that's simple :D I've used what's called relative links. Links that respond to the basic href rule... But that's not what you asked. Essentially, just stick exactly what you want it to link to in there instead, i.e. <a href=""http://yourdomain.tld/dir/page.html">Page</a> as opposed to <a href="dir/page.html">Page</a>.

If that doesn't work, tell me.
Well, that explains it. I had a separate link in before, but no 'http://' at the beginning. Adding that bit in made it work like a charm. Thanks!

x! Shifty
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lost for words, lostforwords :D

IGenetiXI
Member Avatar
[ * ]
As i said on outline, its very vey nice. GJ shifty :)

all4quadingx
[ *  * ]
all4quadingx
Jun 15 2008, 05:15 PM
Can you make this skin for [Filtered] or Invisionfree skin?

please.
please

Aoshi153
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I know how you said placing the layout is simple, but I'm clueless.

.Carbon
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Love it. Its sleek. I plan on using it. Great work shifty, as always! :arr:

x! Shifty
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
That's not a problem, if you're new to it all I can see why it wouldn't be the easiest of things to follow. How far have you managed to get, and what do you need help with?

Edit.
I don't think I'll be doing it for IF, sorry. I kinda wanna move onto another new design :)
Edited by x! Shifty, Jun 18 2008, 11:29 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mixed · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: