Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Basic!; [ Dark Gray | Olive Green ]
Topic Started: May 22 2009, 07:46 PM (12,409 Views)
g0b0ts
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Name:Basic!
Author:g0b0ts
Theme # 2
Browsers Tested: IE8, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome
Posted Image P R E V I E W

This theme was made with very few graphics so it could be dial-up friendly.

Layout

Spoiler: click to toggle

CSS

The large majority of button/icon graphics are just css/html. The following is the html used in the Images section for the theme in the Admin CP...
Images (no graphics)

Edited by Helena, Jun 26 2012, 10:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ameroq
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I'm not big on green, so its not my first choice. But it's really nice, I especially love the "Administrative List - Active Topics - Replies ot Your Topics -" area. Great job on that part! ^_^

.Dre
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Nice theme, I can see it getting used. Keep up the good work :)

EDIT: I only found one default, the poll images...
Edited by .Dre, May 23 2009, 01:56 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Love the colours and the concept of a simple theme however having installed it there is a problem in the way the User Menu is displayed as it looks a little untidy all squashed to the right of the screen and also obliterates the user name
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Here is a screenshot

I have put the css and layout in twice with the same result - This theme also means that any website maker links and other things don't appear

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

.Donkey Kong
Member Avatar
[ * ]
The navigation was done pretty well.

g0b0ts
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
twobobbles55
May 24 2009, 06:23 PM
Here is a screenshot

I have put the css and layout in twice with the same result - This theme also means that any website maker links and other things don't appear

Posted Image
that is because i created it for less images, which means no images for the top_menu links. When you have images up there, it makes the "box" too wide. everything there was created on the basis of the top menu links only being within a 100px width. you can remove those images in the image section of the admin cp for the theme.

Edited by g0b0ts, May 25 2009, 10:47 AM.

Spen81
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Is there a way to make the box at the top the same length as the rest of the forums? As of now, the place where you put your banner is a lot wider than the rest of the forum and i was wondering if there was a way to change that.

g0b0ts
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Spen81
May 25 2009, 12:46 PM
Is there a way to make the box at the top the same length as the rest of the forums? As of now, the place where you put your banner is a lot wider than the rest of the forum and i was wondering if there was a way to change that.
I purposely made it longer. That was intended.

But if you'd like to change that, then just a couple small modifications is needed. You just have to change the margin's on the head-div and nav-wrap.
And I think the width of the nav-wrap as well.

Quote:

#nav-wrap {
background:black;
border:1px solid #505050;
display:table;
margin:0;
padding:1px;
width:99.4%;
}

#head-div {
background:url(http://z3.ifrm.com/329/135/0/f342573/Basic_t-menubg-guest.gif) no-repeat right top transparent;
margin:0 5%;
padding:0;
}

I think that should do it for ya.
Edited by g0b0ts, May 25 2009, 01:09 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

because i created it for less images, which means no images for the top_menu links. When you have images up there, it makes the "box" too wide. everything there was created on the basis of the top menu links only being within a 100px width. you can remove those images in the image section of the admin cp for the theme.

That doesn't explain why the Menu drops down over the top of the username
Quote Post Goto Top

g0b0ts
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
twobobbles55
May 25 2009, 03:08 PM
Quote:

because i created it for less images, which means no images for the top_menu links. When you have images up there, it makes the "box" too wide. everything there was created on the basis of the top menu links only being within a 100px width. you can remove those images in the image section of the admin cp for the theme.

yes it does lol. the links on the top_menu are styled with the drop_menu in the CSS. the drop_menu li (each individual link on the top_menu) has a background color and border. no when there is a return in the line (which happens when the link is wider than 100px), the height expands for that link. when that happens, it covers over the top_info (where the username/login information is located). top_menu goes on top of top_info because that is just how it is in the zetaboards code. it wouldn't be right if it went behind either though.

i'm sorry if some people do not like the top bar and logo areas. i am not going to modify it for those that want something different. you can do that yourself. maybe in the future i'll either keep my themes even more simple with less customization and not release those i have more customized.
Edited by g0b0ts, May 25 2009, 04:17 PM.

Spen81
Member Avatar
[ * ]
g0b0ts
May 25 2009, 04:00 PM
twobobbles55
Quote:

yes it does lol. the links on the top_menu are styled with the drop_menu in the CSS. the drop_menu li (each individual link on the top_menu) has a background color and border. no when there is a return in the line (which happens when the link is wider than 100px), the height expands for that link. when that happens, it covers over the top_info (where the username/login information is located). top_menu goes on top of top_info because that is just how it is in the zetaboards code. it wouldn't be right if it went behind either though.

i'm sorry if some people do not like the top bar and logo areas. i am not going to modify it for those that want something different. you can do that yourself. maybe in the future i'll either keep my themes even more simple with less customization and not release those i have more customized.
I like it auctually. Perhaps you could release a simple version and then have add-ons that people can exchange in and out of their code to make changes.

Get working on the StarFi V9 theme please :geek:

That's the coolest looking theme ever.
Edited by Spen81, May 25 2009, 10:53 PM.

g0b0ts
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Spen81
May 25 2009, 10:52 PM
g0b0ts
May 25 2009, 04:00 PM
twobobbles55
Quote:

yes it does lol.................

I like it auctually. Perhaps you could release a simple version and then have add-ons that people can exchange in and out of their code to make changes.

Get working on the StarFi V9 theme please :geek:

That's the coolest looking theme ever.
haha thanks Spen81. Yea I made StarFi for my own guild forum. It was the first theme I released there that they all really liked a lot :P I've had others say they'd like to see it released. So I have to actually go through it and fix it up (cause the code is a little messy) and also remove all the customizations on it. And also, the top_menu on that theme is something similar to my other 2 released themes here in a way. So, I will probably come up with something simple for it and then also have the customized look if ppl want it.

I'll try to remember you when I release it and send you a PM. But I can't promise when that will be or if I will remember :P

.Danilo
Member Avatar
the original pirate
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks nice. I personally think the submenu area is a bit blocky and bulky, but I can definitely see this being used.

Dakota
Member Avatar
over my dead body
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks nice, I personally think the top part is really cool. :) However, the borders seem to be messed up a bit in Internet Explorer.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dark · Next Topic »
Add Reply