Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Misty Woods [R]; soft gray/blue/green with a trees theme
Topic Started: Sep 14 2010, 10:22 PM (22,264 Views)
Helena-ZNR
Member Avatar
No PMs on this account please
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Misty Woods by Helena and Cory
(also available for instant installation via the Resource Database on ZetaBoards Premium boards)

Posted Image <-- Click image for live preview.

Misty Woods was created for a request specifying flat design elements using soft, low-contrast grays, blue and green with a forest image in the background. This is the result, made by modifying one of the themes in the Base Gallery. Cory and I hope you enjoy it.

[Notice - Feb 2011: Misty Woods has been converted and released for InvisionFree.]

UPDATE: February 1, 2018. Misty Woods is now mobile responsive. Please update both your CSS and Layout codes to apply the update.

In keeping with the simplicity of the theme, many icons were eliminated or greatly simplified. Post buttons are set in the CSS, and only the text is needed in the image input areas. For details on how to set up the images, please refer to this image macros for Misty Woods.

http://z3.ifrm.com/28122/87/0/p509053/MistyWoodsImageMacros.html

Image set includes all button groups shown in the preview except post buttons (which are coded into the CSS as mentioned above), plus 4 team icon blanks and a blank banner background. Font used for banner is FairyDustB.

Click image to download:

Posted Image . Posted Image

Base for Cheshire Emoticon system: Posted Image

Edits allowed?: You may edit Misty Woods as you like, however, if significant changes are made, please add an "edited by" note to the copyright information.

Theme Appearance

Theme Layout

NOTE: An alternate set of topic buttons made with Tahoma font is included in the image pack to be used if a change to a sans-serif font is preferred. To change the board font to Tahoma, edit line 4 in the CSS to:
Code:

font-family:"Tahoma", sans-serif;
Edited by Helena, Feb 2 2018, 10:43 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lightfire
Member Avatar
littlegraycloud
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Amazing work, Helena. :blush:

SwishDaddy
Member Avatar
Cant Handle the Swish
[ *  * ]
Misty woods look so awesome. great job on it
:salute:

John
Member Avatar
Determined
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The emotes look nice and I do like the nature concept. But I think the flatness on the h2, submenu, the lack of a cfoot, and other flat areas take away from the theme.
Edited by John, Sep 14 2010, 11:20 PM.

NickB
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Thats an awesome theme, love it :)

Nicolas-ZNR
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
John
Sep 14 2010, 11:19 PM
The emotes look nice and I do like the nature concept. But I think the flatness on the h2, submenu, the lack of a cfoot, and other flat areas take away from the theme.
Helena

Misty Woods was created for a request specifying flat design elements
If the purpose of the theme was to be flat - it being flat doesn't take away from it at all. :)

At any rate! Good work, Helena. :cool:

John
Member Avatar
Determined
Nicolas
Sep 15 2010, 12:04 AM
John
Sep 14 2010, 11:19 PM
Helena

Misty Woods was created for a request specifying flat design elements
If the purpose of the theme was to be flat - it being flat doesn't take away from it at all. :)

At any rate! Good work, Helena. :cool:
I understand it was created to be flat, but my personal opinion is that the flat elements don't really work well in the theme.

But obviously Helena/Cory both put a good effort into the theme, so good work. :)

Hatori
Member Avatar
Inconsistent By Design
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I believe that this is one of the better works that I have seen from you Helena. This is a good thing. I find that your imageless, flat works are far better in quality than your other attempted themes. I expect more creative works similar to this :)

RedBldSandman
Member Avatar
Asante sana Squash banana
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love this theme :O I'm definitely recommending it to the admin on a board I visit which is in need of a new theme! :D

tiptopolive
Member Avatar
oh my, he's so gangsta
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The colors are nice and moody... but I'm not wild about the trees and all the leaves in the graphics. It really narrows down the usability. Also, I would have colored the links to make them stand out a bit more, and probably darkened or lightened the #quote background so that they stood out from the posts a bit more. I also agree with John on the flatness issue. Just because it was intentional, doesn't mean it was well executed :r

Leda
Member Avatar
cARpE dIEm
I love the graphics in this one! They really make the theme unique. Great job Helena! :)

wissaboo-ZNR
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
great colours. and I love the smilies

John
Member Avatar
Determined
tiptopolive
Sep 15 2010, 11:18 AM
I also agree with John on the flatness issue. Just because it was intentional, doesn't mean it was well executed :r
That was exactly my point. Thank you TTO.
Edited by John, Sep 15 2010, 02:35 PM.

.Lenny
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like this, great job. =]

.awd (R)
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Do my eyes deceive me, ITS BEAUTIFUL

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply