We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
A.M.A. - Ask Moon Anything
Topic Started: Feb 3 2011, 06:48 AM (7,100 Views)
Moonface
Member Avatar

I never was good with introduction topic titles. :r

If the user name hasn't given it away already, I'm Moonface, one of Jonathan's Support Minions who helps him conquer all the tickets (and clean out the litter box with Cody :( ). If I'm not doing that, I'm either playing video-games, reading about video-games, or doing stuff on the video-game board I help run. Yes, I like video-games a lot. Mostly PlayStation by the way. I do go to university too, though I tend to pay more attention to the aforementioned stuff. Except the litter box. I don't like paying attention to that. :r

*sits on a pile of tickets waiting for questions*
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cody
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Those senior staff members need to stop buying more cats! D:

What's your favorite video game and system of all time? :D

Moonface
Member Avatar

Cody
Feb 3 2011, 06:34 PM
What's your favorite video game and system of all time? :D
My favourite game of all time...probably LittleBigPlanet 2, since it's like the only game I ever went out at midnight to buy. PS2 is probably my favourite system, since I've got so many games for it and I can play all my PS1 games on it too, plus that's what most of the franchises I like a lot are made on. Although I don't like how many times I've had to replace my PS2 because it broke down for some stupid reason. ^o)

Cody
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've thought about getting LBP2 - is it better than the first? :P

Moonface
Member Avatar

Cody
Feb 4 2011, 04:13 PM
I've thought about getting LBP2 - is it better than the first? :P
Definitely. Story Mode has a much better variety of levels, each introducing new aspects of the gameplay features to keep it fresh, for example the first area introduces the Grapple Hook, and the 5th area introduces the Controlinator, so even far into the game it still has something new to show. The plot is a lot better too, and it has a lot more focus whereas the first game seemed to not be so important about plot and more just showcasing stuff.

Create Mode is absolutely wicked, since everything that was complex before, particularly logic, is simplified into new tools now so it's easier for anyone to create something without trying to understand it. I watched a lot of stuff in the Beta (it's all still on YouTube), and that stuff was like nothing seen in LBP1, even though all the content wasn't unlocked or finished yet. If you are interested in what levels are on LBP2, you can always visit lbp.me to search every level ever made on both games.

What's also great is anything collected in the first game comes across to LBP2, and all levels made in LBP1 can be played on LBP2. Besides the Story Mode of LBP1, everything of the first game is in LBP2. Tools, materials, DLC, costumes, community levels, etc. Think of LBP2 as a huge expansion pack of LBP1, where everything has been built upon what already existed, all of which is greatly demonstrated with the Story levels. You can also create Versus levels, and there's the ability to do a top-down view, which means things like racing levels can now consist of full circuits, unlike the same "hold R1 until you reach the end" style racing of LBP1. Also, on the subject of holding R1, in LBP2 because of the aforementioned Controlinator, you can assign your own controls to things, so a racing car can be given acceleration, brakes, etc. or a Sackbot could be assigned controls to behave just like your Sackboy.

Sackbots are incredibly useful too, which are basically AI robots that can be programmed with pre-set behaviour such as attack, follow, and patrol. You can also record your own actions into the Sackbot which it will then use, so you can program characters to do specific things. Sackbots can be decorated in the same manner to a Sackboy, and there is also an option to make them behave in the style of Sackboy instead of a robot, to make them seem more like a Sackboy than a programmed robot AI.

But overall as I said, it's everything LBP1 had but with another two years of development added on top of it as a nice way to summarise it all. :)

Tony
Member Avatar
If found, please report missing.

Cody
Feb 3 2011, 06:34 PM
Those senior staff members need to stop buying more cats! D:
More? 'They' won't even let me have ONE! :(

Tony pokes Jay for funsies.

Nivexonix
Member Avatar
Love
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
What's your favorite genre of games? Have you ever coded (not a theme)?

Moonface
Member Avatar

Nivexonix
Mar 11 2011, 04:36 PM
What's your favorite genre of games? Have you ever coded (not a theme)?
My favourite genre of games will probably be platforming games. I've got tons of them. Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, LittleBigPlanet, Ape Escape, and probably a load more I can't remember.

I've never coded anything other than themes really. Never had any reason to do so or learn (in cases of Javascript and all that, although that stuff confuses me x.x).

Tony
Member Avatar

Ape Escape! :O

I haven't played that for a very very very long time. xD

Moonface
Member Avatar

Tony
Apr 1 2011, 09:11 AM
Ape Escape! :O

I haven't played that for a very very very long time. xD
I played some Ape Escape 3 a couple of weeks ago for old times sake. Nothing beats the original Ape Escape on PSOne for me though. Loved that game. Although first time I got it I didn't own a DualShock controller to play it with. :(

Tony
Member Avatar

Aww. :(

I had DuelShock. ^_^

I've only ever played the first one. No idea where it's gone though. I know the PlayStation broke a life-time ago, so maybe things where sold. xD

Moonface
Member Avatar

Tony
Apr 1 2011, 10:06 AM
I've only ever played the first one. No idea where it's gone though. I know the PlayStation broke a life-time ago, so maybe things where sold. xD
-forgot I made one of these- XD

I'm guessing you don't own any form of PlayStation now then? Did you buy any other console instead, or just leave gaming be?

Wesdude
Member Avatar
Snipes.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
As a PS3 user, after all the shenenigans that went on with the PS3 network (Assuming the you have online :P ), what do you think about the package they're giving everyone? Two free games is pretty good, can't decide yet I don't own any of them. xD

Moonface
Member Avatar

I find it a good deal. I'm fortunate to find that one of the games, WipEout HD +Fury, is one I have been interested in getting, so to have that as a free game is a great thing for me. If I didn't already own it (and the sequel) I'd have gone for LBP too. I also like the fact of getting 30 days of PS+ subscriptions, since that always has free things and discounts in it. I found the amount of complaining about the downtime was over the top though.

Moonface
Member Avatar

Win Cash Prizes in Universal Gaming's Halloween Birthday Bash 2014!
Hi everyone! It's October, which in past years has signalled the start of our Halloween Month event. However it's also the month that will mark Universal Gaming's 8th anniversary, and so this year for the first time ever we've decided to create one huge celebration known officially as Universal Gaming's Halloween Birthday Bash!

We've put together plenty of different contests and activities for everyone to participate in over the next few weeks, focusing both on Halloween and video-games. That's not all though, because for the first time ever in Universal Gaming's almost 8 year history, we'll be offering real cash prizes to the lucky users who earn the most points from participating in the different contests and activities we'll be hosting! Even if you don't win one of the top prizes though, everybody will receive a small on-site perk for participating.

Head on over to our forums at http://universalgaming.net to read the full announcement and get involved in the festivities. :D

Also, feel free to start asking me questions again! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · This is ... · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: