Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Halo Wars; black / dark cyan blue
Topic Started: Oct 29 2011, 10:52 PM (18,376 Views)
Helena-ZNR
Member Avatar
No PMs on this account please
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Author: Helena & Cory
Date Created: October 2011 for a partners theme battle.

Theme Preview:
Posted Image Click image for live preview

Side Notes: Creating a Halo based theme has been on our to-do list for a while now. The partners theme battle was a perfect opportunity to take on the challenge. We thought it would be a fun and different project and would also fill a void in the theme gallery. (There are some Halo skins, but no Halo themes.) Cory and I hope that we've produced something Halo fans will enjoy. We will also be releasing a non-Halo version in the near future for those that like the look of the theme but want a more generic space-station feel. Halo images are derived from Planet Renders, HaloWiki and various free-to-use wallpapers and promotional images sites.

[Note: December 2011: The non-Halo version of this theme, Structural is now available as an RDB exclusive theme: http://resources.zetaboards.com/topic/5130250/ ]

Special Features: The forum table scrolls over Halo-themed background images on the index, portal, and blog. Text areas feature randomly rotating Halo vehicle images, and users can choose to play the Halo theme music while surfing the board.

Installation Notes: For the theme to render properly, you must use the supplied image set. (Specifically, any images that have the rivets that connect them to the vertical pipes.)

Browser compatibility: Halo Wars has been tested in the latest FireFox, Opera, Chrome, and IE 9 and IE8. Older versions of IE are not supported at this time.

Edits Allowed? Edits may be made, however for any edits beyond text color and size, please add an "edited by" credit to the copyright information.

Posted Image < to image topic

Graphics Set Includes: Forum markers, topic buttons, (post buttons are rendered via the CSS), topic folders, user control icons, miscellaneous images, warn images, 3-part rankpips, 10 ranks badges, team icons including blanks and PSD plus 7 blanks with various icons, blank banner, and a 24 piece emoticon set.

Graphics Downloads:
http://z2.ifrm.com/10717/129/0/p1027125/HaloWarsImages.zip
http://z2.ifrm.com/10717/129/0/p1027126/PipsWarnsTeam.zip
http://z2.ifrm.com/10717/129/0/p1027220/emotesHalo.zip
http://z1.ifrm.com/0/2/0/p406519/baseSteelAmmo.png -base for Cheshire Emotes system

Team Icons PREVIEW ~~ Emoticon PREVIEW

Codes

CSS Post Buttons:

CSS:

Theme Layout:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Knox`
Member Avatar
Unofficial Request Assistant :D
[ *  *  *  * ]
Super intense and awesome. I love it Helena! My favorite theme by you hands down!

Edit: And Cory :puppyeyes: :pirate:
Edited by Knox`, Nov 2 2011, 08:30 PM.

UnstoppableForce
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I'm noticing an error with the forum name row on my screen.

Cory
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, Prophet!

UnstoppableForce: Mind giving me a screenshot or describing the problem and list what browser you use?

CodyOL
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Definitely my favorite out of you two - great job! :D

Pando
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Awesome theme Cory and Helena :)

IMO the spoiler/quotes/code and select needs the border-radius removed, but other than that it's perfect :D

UnstoppableForce
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I use the newest version of Firefox. Let me just do a screenshot real quick.

Here:
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad267/RagingCrimsonPhoenix/themerror.jpg

MagitekElite
Member Avatar
[ * ]
This is an amazing theme! Its so professional looking! :D

Absolutely amazing! PERFECT! Thanks for making and sharing! :3

inTHEpast
Member Avatar
[ * ]
One of the best themed "themes" I've had the pleasure of looking at. Spot on design/graphics and coding make this one of my favorite themes (being a huge halo fan), great job to both of you :)
Edited by inTHEpast, Nov 2 2011, 11:51 PM.

Zethus
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fantastic job guys this theme turned out great! Definitely one of my favorite themes by you guys. <3

Trapnest
Member Avatar
can you feel it now?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Looks ace!

Eccentric Feline
Member Avatar
梦想
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks fantastic you two. Definitely one of your best. ^_^

Cory
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the feedback everyone. :)

UnstoppableForce: You need to use the Halo forum markers that come with the zip file, they were made to work with the theme.

Helena-ZNR
Member Avatar
No PMs on this account please
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the comments, all. :)

Please subscribe to the topic if you are using the theme so you are aware of any updates. Like this one:

We discovered that some portal code was overwritten, and a couple other minor fixes were made. If you have installed the theme previous to this post, please replace the current CSS and Layout.

ShadowHunter
Member Avatar
neh
[ *  *  * ]
Epic theme! I was just wondering, How'd you guys do the Start Music button? (Where you click on it and it opens up the music in a small little window)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Themed · Next Topic »
Add Reply