We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TFM; a theme for transformice fans
Topic Started: May 20 2012, 12:51 PM (2,842 Views)
Canimia
Member Avatar
Parachute? This is obviously a Hot Air Balloon!
[ *  *  * ]
Author: Canimia
Date Created: April-May 2012

Theme Preview: click image for full preview
Posted Image

Side Notes: I'm not sure if anyone here is a fan of Transformice, but I am, and I really wanted to make this theme. Even if no one can use it, I am very proud of it and think it's my best and most complete theme yet. I worked very hard on it, and I do believe I haven't missed anything, but if I have PLEASE let me know.
Edits Allowed? I suppose so. Just leave the copyright, please.

Theme Layout

Theme Appearance (CSS)

A note on the h2's

VERY IMPORTANT: Do NOT mess with the theme's width - it will screw everything up. ;)

This theme is a little image heavy, but I think that most people who play Transformice must have at least a decent connection.

The font used in the theme logo is the same font used by Transformice - a free font named Soopafresh.

Also, any constructive critism is greatly appreciated!
Attached to this post:
Attachments: TFM_Buttons.zip (110.82 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helena-ZNR
Member Avatar
No PMs on this account please
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the submission! Like you said,even though it's very specific, it's very complete. I like that you paid attention to designing the poll bars. And the little guy on the PM toast is fun. :)

The color palette is unique, and it works. I especially like that the idea of the floating images playing on the H2 is repeated in the big topic buttons.

Found a small problem with the code block:
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7340/9254ffae1e934cc1925b77a.png

You might consider adding some background to at least the first link in the navigation trail. The active link color isn't very distinct on the purple background and its hard to read the board name.

Multi-quote buttons would be a nice addition to the button set.

Geoffrey
Member Avatar
bury hatchets, keep maps
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Very cute theme. No clue what Transformice is but this could still be used on some a general boards since it is definitely a very fun theme. Good work, and I love all the cartoon mice you have scattered around.

Canimia
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I couldn't seem to get a background for the nav to look right, so instead I have changed the text color to one that hopefully stands out a little better. :)
And I still have to work on the other problems - not sure what's going on with that code block, but the multi-quote button shouldn't be hard to do.
Thank you for your advice!

Added the multi-quote buttons. :)
Edited by Canimia, May 21 2012, 02:50 PM.

Nemomon-ZNR
Member Avatar
What can a God broken by humans do?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great theme :D

Have You thought about making other buttons with mice too?

Canimia
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks to Sjaelen's help, the code block now looks right.

And which buttons were you thinking? I didn't put them on the posting buttons, because I was afraid that would make the buttons too big.

Lothlómendil-ZNR
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ahaha, this is awesome! I love the appearance, it's a shame It's not applicable to my board.

Interestingly enough (to me), my brother plays TFM a lot. He's in the top 100 rankings and is really involved in the community. 0_0 /random info

Canimia
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Oh wow cool, do you know his username?

ShadowHunter
Member Avatar
neh
[ *  *  * ]
Nice, I saw this theme on your test board I think a week or two ago and loved it. Made me want to play the game XD

Canimia
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Yay! That's the idea. ;)
I just noticed today, that if you use firefox some of the topic buttons and things look like their background is a slightly different color than the #wrap background. It didn't look like this in IE, or Chrome, so darn. ;_;
Edited by Canimia, May 25 2012, 03:55 PM.

Mozz
Member Avatar
" It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature "
[ *  *  *  * ]
What a great job you have done. well done this is amazing.

martina1977
[ *  * ]
love it thank you

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Themed · Next Topic »
Add Reply