We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Resource World; General release version
Topic Started: Jan 16 2013, 10:02 PM (15,352 Views)
Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Posted Image

Author: Helena & Cory, with input from the Zathyus Network team
Date Created: May, 2010
Theme Preview:
Posted Image

Side Notes:
Resource World was the first custom default theme designed for Zathyus Networks Resources following the transition of the Theme Zone to an official network resource board. It featured innovative coding and CSS effects and was designed to communicate the vast array of resources available to our network boards. It has been an exclusive theme until this general release. Resource World was retired from the theme selector following the merge of the support and resource boards, but you may still use it when browsing Zathus Networks by bookmarking this link.

Edits Allowed? You may edit this theme as you like, however, if any edits are made other than basic text changes and normal customizations, please add an "edited by" reference to the copyright information.

Edit option: Set a unique header image for certain categories:
Posted Image [Default header]
You can use the theme as coded, or you can change the headers to have a different one for selected categories. You will need to get the category ID and edit it into the CSS. To get the ID, hover the category title link and copy the number that will show in your status bar. It will look like this (the number at the end is your category ID number):
Code:

http://if.invisionfree.com/forum/1000067/
Go to Theme Appearance and find the following coding listed below each special header image in the spoiler below. Edit the category ID number for each category you wish to change to a new header image.

Note: If you wish to add text below each earth item on the headers similarly to the original theme, the font used is HandScript LCase 4LR.

SPECIAL HEADERS FOR INDIVIDUAL CATEGORIES

Graphics:

Layout

CSS (Theme Appearance)

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

An alternate background globe for this theme is available. If you decide to use this image, please rename the theme to Elements. Also, be aware that installing this image may slow the loading of your pages, as it is a much larger file than the original globe image. (264KB vs. 81KB)

Posted Image

To make the change in globes, insert this image:
http://z4.ifrm.com/30121/36/0/p1144823/DarkGridGlobeBrt.png

in place of this one in the body background:
Code:

body {
background: url("http://z3.ifrm.com/28094/5/0/p318529/globe.png") no-repeat 0 28px;
min-height:600px;
}

JadedOne-ZNS
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Thank You!!!

This, Forum Deco and the Winter Theme are three of my favorite themes ever. I wish there was a non Winter version of the Winter Theme that could be used year round because on our board it's the theme people love the most.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IcEmAn
Member Avatar
Memorial
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great release. :)
Always loved this theme.

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Thank you for the kind comments. :)

@Jaded One: The theme Frostee is a version of the Winter theme that can be appropriate for all-year-around use. You might take a look at that.

NOTICE to anyone who has already installed the theme. A few errors in the HTML for the image macros have been corrected in the download link. The correct URL for the Hot new Topic Status icon is: http://z3.ifrm.com/28094/5/0/p331029/TFnewhot.png

The new forum marker had the wrong image inserted: http://z3.ifrm.com/28094/5/0/p319311/FMnew.png is the correct new forum marker.

The ending tag: /> was missing from the top menu icons (AdminCP, ReportCP, Preferences, Inbox.

Please make these corrections in your Theme Images page or reinstall the HTML page.
Edited by Helena, Jan 30 2013, 02:27 PM.

JadedOne-ZNS
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Frostee is nice but it's not as wide as the Winter Theme Nicola made which is the one I meant and am using here.
Edited by JadedOne-ZNS, Jan 30 2013, 01:29 PM.

JAR
Member Avatar
Fortnite Noob
[ *  *  *  * ]
Awesome release!
Woohoo finally!

Numark
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I always liked this theme. Remember when the backlash to this theme when it was applied to ZNR?

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Yes, it was so different from the previous default ThemeZone themes that it was met with shock and dismay and all manner of outrage by a lot of the members. However, overtime, it has settled in and picked up quite a few fans and appreciators. :)

Since the release, I've gotten a number of contacts from users who are enjoying the the theme on their boards, and are getting positive feedback from their communities.

JadedOne-ZNS
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I always liked it because it was different and unique looking and had intricate details I appreciated.

Cory
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Helena
Jan 16 2013, 10:36 PM
I like this one more.
Edited by Cory, Apr 3 2013, 11:36 PM.

JadedOne-ZNS
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The divider button is not showing up in this theme like it does in all our others. Also, on the HTML page with the image links the Forward button is no longer working. I'm going to download the graphics pack to get it but just thought it should be mentioned.

Attached to this post:
Attachments: RW_Miss_Buttons.png (8.21 KB)

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

The images for the forward button, and the hover version are installed in the CSS. I just checked the image links and they are good.

The code that appears in the HTML images page is what activates them, but the preview will only show the transparent image that is the placeholder, so it appears that nothing is displaying in the preview. (The rest of the post buttons also are coded this way.)

So I'm not sure why your forward button is not appearing on your theme, but its not because the image links are bad.

JadedOne-ZNS
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
It is my fault concerning the forward button showing up as the default ZB one. It was the one button code image I didn't change. I'm sorry and admit I should have checked beforehand.

The posting button that's not showing up in this theme is the Divider button. It shows up in other themes on our board but not this one.

Cory
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Helena: Remove these from the JavaScript file:
Code:

$("button[onclick=\"ZetaTag('spoiler')\"]").prev().remove();
$('button[onclick="ZetaTag(\'HTML\')"]').after("<br />");

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mixed · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: