Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Mojito; Tan / Slate / Orange / Green
Topic Started: Apr 26 2013, 05:43 PM (10,174 Views)
Eccentric Feline
Member Avatar
梦想
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Posted Image Information
Author: Eccentric Feline
Date Created: The print was started in October 2012 and the coding started around the end of February 2013.
Side Notes: I always love orange and green in a theme so I had fun coming up with this one. Special thanks to Nicolas for taming the beastly bugs that evaded me (borders will haunt my dreams forever). I hope you enjoy the release! =]
Edits Allowed?: Please, only minor edits such as submenu links, font size/color/etc.

Theme Preview Board
Posted Image

Posted Image Installation
Graphic Set: Click here
Codes:
Theme Layout

Theme Appearance (CSS)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cory
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks very creative, as always.
Code:

$('#top_menu a').hover(function () {
$('#top_menu').css('border-radius', '7px 7px 0 0');
}, function () {
$('#top_menu').css('border-radius', '7px 7px 7px 7px');
});
That may make the top menu slightly prettier.

I suggest changing the copyright to this:
Code: HTML

<div id="theme_copyright" style="text-align: center">Mojito by <strong>Eccentric Feline</strong>. Find more great themes at <a href="http://resources.zetaboards.com/index/"><strong>ZN</strong></a>!</div>
You'll have to make the applicable changes in the CSS too, or you could just do this:
Code:

$(function () {
$('#copyright').prepend('Mojito by <strong>Eccentric Feline</strong>. Find more great themes at <a href="http://resources.zetaboards.com/index/">ZN</a>!<br /><br />');
});
Reason: XHTML, no deprecated tags, and no replicated ID's.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Great to see a new release in your very distinctive playful style.

Some of my favorite things in the theme:
the dashed cell borders
the pops of light blue. very unexpected
buttons wonderful as always, I particularly like the detail on the the post buttons
the poll bars...awesome. :)

fnuppage
[ *  *  *  * ]
One of the best I've seen, excellent

DaPizzaMan
Member Avatar
#TeamSupport

Orange and green almost always work perfectly in themes, and this theme showcases that. Lovely job, EF! :) The category foot (left side) is off by 1px for me on Chrome (Mac OS X).

Byzantine
Member Avatar
Zathyus Networks Greek
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh my......EF this is awesome! I love the colors, and everything just seems to flow really well. For some reason, all the colors make me think of dessert. ^_^ :lol:

Eccentric Feline
Member Avatar
梦想
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Cory
Apr 26 2013, 06:09 PM
Looks very creative, as always...
Thanks Cory. ^_^ I'm not sure what the first code is supposed to accomplish. It seems to be making the border radius go haywire on the top menu for me. Is it showing up differently for you? Copyright code changed. I have a bad habit of doing that. =P
Helena
Apr 26 2013, 06:21 PM
Great to see an new release in your very distinctive playful style.

Some of my favorite things in the theme:
the dashed cell borders
the pops of light blue. very unexpected
buttons wonderful as always, I particularly like the detail on the the post buttons
the poll bars...awesome. :)
Thank you Helena. poll bars are always fun to do. :D
fnuppage
Apr 26 2013, 06:45 PM
One of the best I've seen, excellent
Thanks fnuppage. :wub:
DaPizzaMan
Apr 27 2013, 11:01 AM
Orange and green almost always work perfectly in themes, and this theme showcases that. Lovely job, EF! :) The category foot (left side) is off by 1px for me on Chrome (Mac OS X).
Orange and green has to be one of may favorite color combinations. Always fun to do. Thanks for pointing out that error with the category foot in Chrome. It should be fixed now.
Byzantine
Apr 27 2013, 11:59 AM
Oh my......EF this is awesome! I love the colors, and everything just seems to flow really well. For some reason, all the colors make me think of dessert. ^_^ :lol:
Yay! Thank you. <3 I hope it's not making you too hungry. :P

Cory
Member Avatar
It's not a major change, but notice how the bottom left and bottom right corners of the #top_menu are rounded very slightly? What the code does is takes the border-radius off of those corners when a #top_menu link is hovered over so the drop menu will look more connected. It worked for me in Firebug.

Akash.
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Oh, wow, this is one of the best themes I have seen in a year :D
Fantastic color combos :D

SandyC-ZNS
Oldbie
[ *  *  * ]
Nice work.. now to get a banner for my new forum and it'll be bang on.. One little thing I noticed is the line where the top tens and admin and mod list is is a bit scrunched up and has left a blank area on the left end of the area, not sure if it's meant to be like that or it's a slight prob with firefox...
Edited by SandyC-ZNS, Apr 28 2013, 04:37 AM.

Akhil. (PM)
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Wonderful theme Eccentric Feline bro !
You did a great one !!! :D

Nicolas
Member Avatar
"PLES RING IF AN RNSER IS REQIRD."

Cory
Apr 27 2013, 01:01 PM
It's not a major change, but notice how the bottom left and bottom right corners of the #top_menu are rounded very slightly? What the code does is takes the border-radius off of those corners when a #top_menu link is hovered over so the drop menu will look more connected. It worked for me in Firebug.
Except we're already doing that - so I really don't see what you're trying to accomplish.
It doesn't make sense to unround them both as they're both connected to two separate links.
If you look at the Mojito JavaScript:
Code:

$('#menu_pm').hover(function () {
$('#top_menu').css('border-radius','7px 7px 0 7px');
}, function() {
$('#top_menu').css('border-radius','7px 7px 7px 7px');
});
$('#menu_ucp').hover(function () {
if ( !$('#menu_acp').length && !$('#menu_rcp').length ) {
$('#top_menu').css('border-radius','7px 7px 7px 0');
}
}, function() {
if ( !$('#menu_acp').length && !$('#menu_rcp').length) {
}
});
$('#menu_rcp').hover(function () {
if ( !$('#menu_acp').length ) {
$('#top_menu').css('border-radius','7px 7px 7px 0');
}
}, function() {
if ( !$('#menu_acp').length ) {
}
});

That does the task and takes into account most possibilities for the topmenu combinations. If the user has only preferences/inbox, then hovering on preferences unrounds the left corner. If they have the RCP, but no ACP, then that's what unrounds the left corner.

Cory
Member Avatar
I suppose I need to add the theme to my test board next time instead of editing the #top bar into the document with Firebug so the JavaScript can take affect. :facepalm:

IcEmAn
Member Avatar
Memorial
[ *  *  *  * ]
That's a pretty nice theme. :)

MacLeod
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Fantastic theme. :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mixed · Next Topic »
Add Reply