Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Pokemon Go app
Topic Started: Jul 11 2016, 04:49 PM (2,901 Views)
Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Posted Image

It seems to be rather controversial, since it is played out in the real world and people get them selves into some not-so-great locations and some are getting hurt playing the game. Possibly because its becoming a popular post-bar gathering activity, so a lot of players are not really in charge of all their faculties.

There were actually some guys rounded up in our neighborhood at 2am this week who were playing the game, but whatever they were doing looked suspcious to the local police. But maybe it's actually helpful sometimes. There is a story about someone playing the game who came across a deadbody. That was helpful... :shock:

If you are unfamiliar with the game, there is a synopsis here:
http://www.vox.com/2016/7/11/12129162/pokemon-go-android-ios-game
Attached to this post:
Attachments: pokemon_go.jpg (59.13 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/robbery-suspects-using-pokemon-go-to-target-victims-police-say/

I've heard a lot of bad things about the game, not in terms of the game itself, but things that came up from playing the game.
People getting robbed, people using it to attract people to their stores, people finding corpses, people stalking random places like churches / blocking off roads/driveways all over the game. X_X

It surprises me honestly.

DaPizzaMan
Member Avatar
#TeamSupport

I'm enjoying the game thus far despite how plain it is. I hear they're adding the ability to trade Pokemon soon, and I assume the Pokemon from all the other regions will be accessible with an update somewhere down the line. I'm mostly glad that Nintendo is doing well with this game. Hopefully this means more enjoyable Nintendo games on mobile!

Lothlómendil
Member Avatar
Spam Queen, Bug Sniffer, BBCode Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think all the negative stuff is kind of sensationalizing some really rare, minor events. It's a lot of the crotchety old folks rhetoric, "those darn kids being irresponsible with their their phones!" *eye roll*

So far, the app is really fun and it's getting people out of the house and walking around, which is really good for you! It's very well designed. I'm excited to see how it will develop and to be able to play more as they get enough servers to handle the load etc.
Edited by Lothlómendil, Jul 11 2016, 10:24 PM.

DaPizzaMan
Member Avatar
#TeamSupport

Lothlómendil
Jul 11 2016, 10:23 PM
I think all the negative stuff is kind of sensationalizing some really rare, minor events. It's a lot of the crotchety old folks rhetoric, "those darn kids being irresponsible with their their phones!" *eye roll*

So far, the app is really fun and it's getting people out of the house and walking around, which is really good for you! It's very well designed. I'm excited to see how it will develop and to be able to play more as they get enough servers to handle the load etc.
I agree. All the negative articles are just for attention paid towards the site where the articles are being written. It's so upsetting that most articles on most sites are clickbait. :facepalm:

-The-
Member Avatar
#the { display: none; }
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think it's quite unfair to blame the game for what the gamers do. In this case, using your phone when it's unsafe cannot be blamed on the game - it's no different to typing a message when unsafe, and yet people seem to think it's okay to do so. Of course there are going to be irresponsible users, but that doesn't mean that the game is at fault.

It seems there's something so unique about it that really attracts people - I was initially surprised by its popularity, but now it's taken off, I'm looking forward to seeing new things happen with it; maybe it'll even spark some more interest from other companies to do some innovation (why is it that Nintendo is one of the most innovative despite being one of the most locked down companies? xD )

DaPizzaMan
Member Avatar
#TeamSupport

The future of this app looks promising. Just today I noticed my Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy type, meaning all six generations of Pokemon are planned, if not all seven generations. Plus I hear trading is confirmed for a future update. I seriously can't wait to see this app grow and get even more interesting. It's already done so much good for companies with PokeStops in their stores and motivating people to get out for a little bit each day.

skyfallzeus
Member Avatar
Meow
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
i have no interest in PG game. but one good flipside is, kids have a good way of getting out and about. instead of leading a sendentary lifestyle involving playing video games/playing on the computer. but be very cautious if the app leads you to private properties and or falling off a cliff.

Path Light
Member Avatar
Extreme Dinosaurs is my favorite show!
[ *  *  * ]
The Pokemon Go app is not available in Singapore yet

Liam
Member Avatar
~

I already spend too much time on my phone so I'm steering clear of this x_x

In all honesty though the game doesn't interest me anymore. Maybe if I was still 12 :puppyeyes:

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Liam
Jul 25 2016, 10:58 PM
Maybe if I was still 12 :puppyeyes:
Maybe with this game You could return to Your youth? ;)

I stopped playing pokemons long ago when the Pearl was still a thing, so this game doesn't interest me too, but it if kind of funny how stupid people can be and for example try to catch pokemons during driving...

Lewiz
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Nemomon
Jul 26 2016, 08:55 AM
Liam
That's pretty much what I've found.

Actually enjoying just having a wander around our town, looking at things and walking down roads I didn't even know where there.

Liam
Member Avatar
~

Nemomon
Jul 26 2016, 08:55 AM
Liam
Nah I'll pass :r

Cory
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Only 3 more Pokemon needed then I'l have every Pokemon you are able to catch in North America. :up:

Ravenfreak
Member Avatar
Incineroarrrr!!
[ *  * ]
Wow that's awesome Cory! I haven't really been playing, with Pokemon Sun already out I've been playing that. Also I need to go to Pokestops and get more Pokeballs and other items as I'm running out. There's a rumor going around that the Generation 2 Pokemon should be coming out possibly by this Thursday! And I wonder if we'll get some Christmas events, I'm sure we will since we got a Halloween and Thanksgiving event.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Technology Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply