Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Problems with users list IP's
Topic Started: Sep 4 2016, 09:19 AM (4,137 Views)
yardieadmin
Hey, i've been having problems with my forum displaying the correct IP addresses of some users.

I believed this was the cause of the recent server move, as i've noticed it started happening around the time the move occurred a few days ago, but now everything else works fine after the move(images, emoticons, etc is all restored to normal), but this still persists, and it only happens to a few same users.

What the problem is, while the users are browsing the forum normally, on the user list, and in the posts they make, this IP address shows as theirs instead of their regular one: 127.255.255.255

So what is the problem, what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance. (i'll link to the forum if we need to go deeper into this)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Joe
Member Avatar

Hello Yardie,

This is indeed a bug related to the recent server move. It marked is on our developer's extensive list of bugs to squash.

We'll keep you updated regarding the status of it. Thanks for reporting this in to us.

Joe

yardieadmin
Ok thanks, relieved to know it wasn't just our forum, let us know when it's fixed and thanks.

Flowerchild
My board is also having this issue. http://z10.invisionfree.com/Deliciously_Dee/index.php?act=idx

yardieadmin
Any ETA on when it could get fixed?

borderline
Iíve just noticed this as well... I banned the IP thinking they were spammers but I had new registrations after that with this IP address and people on my forum posting with this IP... so weird

Cory
Member Avatar
yardieadmin
Sep 10 2016, 10:47 AM
Any ETA on when it could get fixed?
Joe
Sep 5 2016, 02:03 AM
Hello Yardie,

This is indeed a bug related to the recent server move. It marked is on our developer's extensive list of bugs to squash.

We'll keep you updated regarding the status of it. Thanks for reporting this in to us.

Joe
All you can do is be patient.

SMILforum
Without a spammer's correct IP address, I can't update the board's Ban Settings properly. I am patiently waiting for a fix. Thanks.

Cory
Member Avatar
I believe the IP address is still accurate using the Find/Edit/Suspend User page.

yardieadmin
How exactly? It only shows the IP the user had when he/she registered.

By the way, the problem is still there, almost December. I'm hoping it gets fixed eventually.

Cory
Member Avatar
You have a good point.

There's not much else for me to say except all you can do is wait. I, as a regular member, have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. But I know ZetaBoards generally takes priority over zIFBoards.

yardieadmin
any news?

Joe
Member Avatar

Eeek, this sure has taken a while. I poked our developer to see what the status is, but as Cory said, ZB typically gets priority over zIF.

borderline
same here, still waiting .. itís more difficult to control spammers like this :ermm:

Brobst
Yeah, this still seems to be an issue. I see tons of guests on my board all showing up with the IP 127.255.255.255

But every now and then, even trusted users who post will show up with that exact same IP showing by mistake. Weird.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · zIFBoards Support & Galleries · Next Topic »
Add Reply