Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Photobucket no longer allowing 3rd party hosting of images for free
Topic Started: Jun 30 2017, 02:28 AM (3,074 Views)
TanyaM
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Thank you Helena.
That solved a couple of things for me. (I can close my photobucket acct and not worry about my images anymore) ♥
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

I bet Photobucket loses a lot of their patrons after this service rules change.

TanyaM
Member Avatar
[ * ]
They've already lost enough for them to notice. You know the saying that when bad things happen, good can come of it?

Well, I've never seen so many people working together so fast on trying to find solutions when hundreds (I refuse to exaggerate lol) of forums begin looking like crossword puzzles all over the internet. Some of the smaller image hosting sites have offered to help out with the craziness that Photobucket caused. ((That was sweet to see too)) Close to 80% of all forum platforms are allowing images to be hosted on those platforms though most are limited to just those platforms. Zeta is the first I've seen to allow differently. (still limited but no one really minds the limits that I'm aware of)

-Neo Metallix-
Member Avatar
Metal Overlord
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Helena
Jun 30 2017, 09:39 AM
This is going to break a lot of old themes.

ZetaBoards has been a reliable host. Really the best place to host anything you are going to use on your board.

So many free hosting services have changed their policies or just poof out of existence at some point.

Remember ripway? mega upload? Imageshack used to be great and then gradually degenerated into a tiered paid service.
I liked imageshack at first but they're the reason I went to photobucket in the first place! I found that after an undisclosed amount of time they just deleted old photos. Most of my stuff is on ZB now. What's weird is that some of my images are still working! Others I had to replace.

Path Light
Member Avatar
Extreme Dinosaurs is my favorite show!
[ *  *  * ]
I hope Photobucket will solve this issue

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Photobucket has a solution, which is "pay us!" Its just that we don't like it. :glare:

I had some imageshack stuff too, and even used an account to upload, and still they eventually delete stuff if it isn't accessed for a certain amount of time. Its fine to use for throwaway images that you post and such, but not a good choice for anything that you want to always display like forum buttons.

KhaosKarma
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
When a company is on its last legs and has started spiraling they usually do stuff like this. Photobucket has been spiraling for years. I have switched the majority of images hosted to imgur for my two boards, but of course a few things were on photobucket and I and and a few of my members have been spending the weekend and week cleaning things up. Yes it does seem things are on a time limit.

I grabbed all of my pictures, placed them into several paint documents, and then deleted my two photobucket accounts. Good riddance.

As one redditor said "They pulled off the world's biggest don't use us advertisement" yeah...

DaPizzaMan
Member Avatar
#TeamSupport

KhaosKarma
Jul 26 2017, 08:41 PM
When a company is on its last legs and has started spiraling they usually do stuff like this. Photobucket has been spiraling for years. I have switched the majority of images hosted to imgur for my two boards, but of course a few things were on photobucket and I and and a few of my members have been spending the weekend and week cleaning things up. Yes it does seem things are on a time limit.

I grabbed all of my pictures, placed them into several paint documents, and then deleted my two photobucket accounts. Good riddance.

As one redditor said "They pulled off the world's biggest don't use us advertisement" yeah...
While I'm sure Imgur won't be going anywhere anytime soon, I suggest you start hosting your board-related content on ZetaBoards. That way your content will never be down unless your board is down.

skyfallzeus
Member Avatar
Meow
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
many of my friend's images were lost. theyve since switched to postimage and imgur

Skookum
[ * ]
Gaomon274
Jun 30 2017, 07:21 PM

I'll likely make a second board just to host stuff for the primary one.
Is there a way to transfer from a second board to the main board....without using up the MBs of the main board???

I'm trying to figure the way out of this bleeping P-Bucket mess, too! :tut: :zombie: :stunned:

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Skookum
Aug 3 2017, 03:13 PM
Gaomon274

Is there a way to transfer from a second board to the main board....without using up the MBs of the main board???

Uploaded image URLs from any board can be used on any other board.

Did you mean something else by "transfer"?

Skookum
[ * ]
Helena
Aug 3 2017, 03:20 PM
Skookum
Aug 3 2017, 03:13 PM
Gaomon274

Uploaded image URLs from any board can be used on any other board.

Did you mean something else by "transfer"?
I think we have the same thing in mind by "transfer". ;)
I'll try that; we do have a "test" Z-board. :D

Thank You, Helena! :up:

Skookum
[ * ]
This is tedious for me, but genius on the part of whoever set this system up.
LONG LIVE Z-BOARDS!!

It really feels good to be freeing myself from PBucket Posted Image; I was a paying subscriber, but not THAT much. :stunned:

Sort of like shaking loose from an old spouse. :P

COCONUT MILK
Member Avatar
お猿の手品
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just downloaded all my images, I heard nothing about this.. no email?

renegadewinchester
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I used to use imageshack a few times, but then I found tinypic. It has some ads on the site and 1 pop up but I'll take that over being showered in ads from imageshack, plus registrations free.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Community Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply