Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Is Tapatalk gonna be a new 'forum' platform?
Topic Started: Jul 17 2017, 09:56 PM (4,575 Views)
Brobst
[ *  * ]
Quote:

The staff don't do anything on my personal ticket as you told me to do...

I need answer right away. I want to save an old site of mine from destruction from the tapatalk trash non-sense.

Please help...

My goodness, I don't think I've ever seen a more needy and demanding person on here. Now, I'm just a member, but allow me to make a few suggestions since the support staff have politely explained things to you a hundred different ways already. But below are the exact steps I've done with all 20 of my boards since I want them to change from zIFBoards to ZetaBoards instead of TapaTalk.....

Suggestion #1) Create a test board on ZetaBoards.

Suggestion #2) Go to any zIFBoards you own and highlight/copy all of the CSS from the Admin section.

Suggestion #3) Use your test board to make posts of this CSS (using the Code button) so that you have it stored.

Suggestion #4) Take as many screenshots as possible of your old boards so that you know exactly how it used to look on zIFBoards.

Suggestion #5) Read over as many posts about how to navigate the ZetaBoards CSS as it's quite different from the zIFBoards CSS.

Suggestion #6) Use your new test board to tweak things and see how close you can get it to how it looked on zIF.

Suggestion #7) Have a nice day. :)

Edited by Brobst, Nov 10 2017, 02:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KarenatJDR
[ *  * ]
So, at some point in time, since tapatalk now owns these forums, will Zeta boards be reconfigured into tapatalk as well?

Many thanks!
Edited by KarenatJDR, Nov 10 2017, 06:32 PM.

borderline
[ *  *  * ]
I don't know anything about Tapatalk :stunned: is this a free forum as well? I saw something about paying $5 a month for something basic.

it's nice that it's a mobile layout but I don't want to pay every month

Has anyone used Tapatalk? :/

can it be customised with skins change colours and such?

If zetaboards goes mobile I'd rather stick with Zeta
Edited by borderline, Nov 10 2017, 07:10 PM.

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

KarenatJDR
Nov 10 2017, 06:32 PM
So, at some point in time, since tapatalk now owns these forums, will Zeta boards be reconfigured into tapatalk as well?

Many thanks!
The plan is for ZetaBoards to continue on as ZetaBoards.

@Borderline
zIFBoards transfer is to Tapatalk groups, a free forum platform.
https://www.tapatalk.com/getting_started

You can override the CSS only on a Tapatalk groups system. You cannot use JS or HTML. There does not appear to be a provision for multiple themes/skins

ZetaBoards already has mobile responsiveness with the addition of DPMs simple system:
http://support.zathyus.com/topic/7013266/
And some themes already fitted with mobile responsiveness can be found here:
http://support.zathyus.com/single/?p=30005954&t=5176947

This is temporary pending a built-in mobile function for ZetaBoards.

KarenatJDR
[ *  * ]
Thanks Helena, you're alway very kind, and helpful!! I was afraid that the entire contents of the forum would be lost if Zeta was switched to tapatalk.

Which I think is inferior, but hey...I don't get a vote. LOL Just trying to keep 11 years of content somewhat intact.

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Content should be preserved whether you transition to ZetaBoards or to Tapatalk. On my Tapatalk preview, members, statistics, posts, attachments and forum settings all transferred.

Even your .ibf attachments will work, I just had to do the enabling functions for it in the Tapatalk groups AdminCP. That may not even be necessary when the permanent conversion happens.

borderline
[ *  *  * ]
I saw that you cannot use your own domain on Tapatalk unless you upgrade and pay a monthly fee

Helena, I looked at some of those mobile themes and they didn't display properly on my phone, I think they need some improvements

does anyone know when the conversations happen? will I get a message when my board will get converted , I'm gonna choose to stay with Zeta

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

You can post for help to customize your particular theme/banner etc to an existing responsive design theme. Make a topic in the Theme & Code support forum and we'll help you with it.

Conversions are being done in batches, and you will not be notified when it is time for your batch. So its best to make sure you've selected your option now.

Starlake
Member Avatar
Nah
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My board was turned into this without my permission I wanted a Zetaboard what do I do I'm NOT doing well emotionally over this I don't have time to fix my skins yet please give me more time!

Grandam99
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Another victim i see... This whole tapatalk garbage should have NEVER happened, and i am waiting for one of my old skin to be converted to zeta, but no-one even looked at it... I have a LOT of skins that need to be converted to zeta, so hopefully, people DO notice it and help me out, now that I've been FORCED to move to zeta.... Which, in many ways, to me, way inferior to zifboards, not much freedom i enjoyed with the zifboard, and NOT user friendly at all...
Edited by Grandam99, Nov 13 2017, 12:42 AM.

NuclearWizard
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Will the resources for zIFBoards be removed or will they continue to be shown for historical purposes? I'd prefer for the latter to be the case.

Liam
Member Avatar
~

NuclearWizard
Nov 13 2017, 02:01 AM
Will the resources for zIFBoards be removed or will they continue to be shown for historical purposes? I'd prefer for the latter to be the case.
I'd say they would be removed from the forum index but still be accessible via a sub-forum or direct link ^_^

Starlake
Member Avatar
Nah
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Grandam99
Nov 13 2017, 12:39 AM
Another victim i see... This whole tapatalk garbage should have NEVER happened, and i am waiting for one of my old skin to be converted to zeta, but no-one even looked at it... I have a LOT of skins that need to be converted to zeta, so hopefully, people DO notice it and help me out, now that I've been FORCED to move to zeta.... Which, in many ways, to me, way inferior to zifboards, not much freedom i enjoyed with the zifboard, and NOT user friendly at all...
I feel for you so hard my dude and when I have some more free time I will absolutely do what I can to help you

NuclearWizard
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Liam
Nov 13 2017, 04:18 AM
NuclearWizard
Nov 13 2017, 02:01 AM
I'd say they would be removed from the forum index but still be accessible via a sub-forum or direct link ^_^
Thanks!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Service Discussion and Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply