Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Question about Zetaboards & Tapatalk conversion
Topic Started: Sep 8 2017, 02:55 AM (7,084 Views)
Starlake
Member Avatar
Nah
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Liam
Nov 13 2017, 11:11 PM
Starlake
Nov 13 2017, 08:13 PM
Yet nothing was posted in service announcements, which is where I was LOOKING for that sort of thing.
It was posted there. :)
...They edited an old post? I'd already READ the post before it was updated, that was NOT a smart move. I had no way of knowing it had been edited. If it had been REPLIED TO, it would have appeared UNREAD with an updated timestamp and I've have looked.

This is not a good way of making announcements & I'm disappointed in you guys to make a mistake like this on something so important. This isn't informing people, it comes across as trying to do something major really quietly and people are not happy.

EDIT: I had NO idea where to post this or if it needs its own thread, but I wrote a bad guide on how to get into Tapatalk's admin panel if you're having trouble like I was:

http://asylums.insanejournal.com/mysticwish/14369.html

Because despite my anger & anxiety I wish to share what I did find out. I have linked to this to save space & make an easy link.
Edited by Starlake, Nov 15 2017, 08:18 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Beaten by Nuns
[ * ]
I just logged on to 2 of my 3 boards I run and saw that 2 had already converted to tapatalk without my knowledge as I wasn't even at all aware of this conversion nonsense. Is there ANYTHING I can do? I'd much rather them be on zetaboards.

fnuppage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Beaten by Nuns
Nov 16 2017, 09:50 PM
I just logged on to 2 of my 3 boards I run and saw that 2 had already converted to tapatalk without my knowledge as I wasn't even at all aware of this conversion nonsense. Is there ANYTHING I can do? I'd much rather them be on zetaboards.
See this thread http://support.zathyus.com/topic/7014807/1/#post30025284

Bry.
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
A very, very old forum of mine (which is still active, but it's empty now) had been converted to Tapatalk and, what can I say? I'm surprised but not bothered by it, though I can admit that it's less user-friendly but not to the extreme. However, I can see why everyone's complaining and I totally understand where they're coming from.

But I have to ask... if this has occurred to all IF/zIF forums, ZetaBoards forums better not suffer the same way in the future. Though it may not happen, I am a bit concerned right now :/

Starlake
Member Avatar
Nah
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yep I share that concern Bry. I've used this platform for so long because they never deleted anything, but if they one day also change over my Zetaboards, I'll have lost so, so much.

Joe
Member Avatar

ZetaBoards is here to stay and I cannot imagine there being a zIF scenario for a long, long time.

Brandon will still continue developing ZetaBoards despite the Tapatalk takeover.

Mnikolic
[ *  *  * ]
ZetaBoards was made to replace InvisionFee/zIF. That was clear since ZetaBoards went into pre-production. IF/zIF was always to stay outdated since Invision Power Board v2 came out as a licensed forum platform. 3rd-party development of IPB v1.3 doesn't exactly count as IPS official business. Hence why the ZB staff initially provided the owners of IF/zIF Boards with the ability to convert their boards to the ZetaBoards forum platform, but not vice-versa. So it makes perfect sense that the development of ZB will continue, since a lot of coding had to be done to even create it.

At least that's how I understand things as far as the zIF scenario in concerned.
Edited by Mnikolic, Nov 24 2017, 03:24 AM.

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Heh... and my ancient test board I set to convert to Tapatalk as soon as possible to see how bad it will look like is stil InvisionFree for almost two weeks now...

Nemomon Saved board conversion choice Nov 13 2017, 09:55 AM

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Admin CP

Your board is scheduled to convert to Tapatalk Groups on : December 11, 2017
Conversion Options

Still Waiting.... Wonder if it will conver in this year...

Skyon Archer
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Too bad the tapatalk doesn't allow any modifications. All forums on their site will have the same layout. You can adjust CSS (the looks), but not add a script to give it a new feature. Too bad.

I recommend all zIF board admins to convert to ZetaBoards and "get it over with". Don't delay. Succumb that the coding of their software if out-dated and is being replaced. At least they have a choice of what it is being replaced with.

Mnikolic
[ *  *  * ]
I recommend the same thing. However, it can be tricky with bigger communities because members would have to suddenly re-learn how to use the board because there's a lot of stuff that ZB does differently than IF/zIF. But on the other side, it's better to hurry up, choose ZetaBoards and do the conversion manually.

BTW since there is not a lot of time and it's not known when the next batch of conversions will happen, I'd recommend registering a test board following the conversion and re-create skins, forum graphics and add any ZB versions of IF/zIF codes to the Board Template area if a feature isn't already built into the ZB platform ASAP before adding them to the converted board.

Tapatalk doesn't allow modifications except CSS, but with ZetaBoards, there are endless possibilities open. :D
Edited by Mnikolic, Dec 27 2017, 06:23 PM.

Drusillah
[ *  * ]
Joe
Nov 23 2017, 10:09 PM
ZetaBoards is here to stay and I cannot imagine there being a zIF scenario for a long, long time.

Brandon will still continue developing ZetaBoards despite the Tapatalk takeover.
Does this mean that Tapatalk has bought ZetaBoards? I am so confused with all this, especially since I just found out (on Christmas day!) that I could have chosen to have my forum converted to ZetaBoards, but I was never told there was a choice. :facepalm: :doh: I really, really, hope that my forum can be converted back to ZetaBoards from Tapatalk, or I don't know what I will do.

Ismailov
[ *  * ]
If I convert my forum to ZetaBoards right now, there's no difference than if I were to just wait "naturally" for it to occur, right? Like it isn't a case of "you can convert if you want but right now we're not quite 100% confident about converting s13 forums at the moment" or whatever.
Edited by Ismailov, Dec 28 2017, 04:40 PM.

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Conversions initiated in the AdminCP Convert to ZetaBoards page will begin immediately. Most boards take a few minutes to convert. Very large boards will take longer.

There are no current issues with the conversion process. You can start your conversion at anytime and you should be fine.

If you prefer to wait for the mandatory conversions, be sure you have chosen one of the two ZetaBoards options on the Tapatalk Conversion page of your AdminCP, as those conversions are now in process and you may not have much notice.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brobst
[ *  * ]
I've gone to every board I run weeks and weeks ago to make sure that each one was set to "defer my transfer, but I'm leaning towards Zetaboards." Now, I'm not actually leaning that way......I know for sure I want ZB for all transfers. But I chose to delay each one to buy my time to learn all about the Zetaboards CSS which is substantially different to navigate as opposed to zIF.

I noticed today that none of those conversion options show up in my Admin panel.

I'm assuming that just means that it's locked in the fact that all my boards will convert to ZB whenever that eventually happens, correct?

Edited by Brobst, Dec 28 2017, 06:35 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Service Discussion and Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply