Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Zetaboards ACP Reskin
Topic Started: Oct 6 2017, 05:41 PM (680 Views)
ghoshriju33
Member Avatar
I ❤ jQuery
[ *  *  * ]
As all of you may know that the ACP looks sluggish and outdated. And zb doesnt even allow customizing it.
So I thought of making an userscript which changes the ACP completely, and added various functionalities to it.

Here are some feature highlights. More to be added soon:

• New design
  • Modern look
  • Custom scrollbars
  • Custom radio and checkbox buttons, made purely via CSS
  • Dismissable notice toasts
  • Sidebar with accordion style menu
  • Automatically highlight menu item based on current page
  • Custom select menu
  • AJAX powered navigation
  • Feedback when AJAX fails to load page
  • Some cool CSS3 transitions
  • and lots more

Demo

Note: The design was made by Ernesto(I forgot his username here) years ago. He gave me permission to use his design. I started working on this but left it midway. After so many years, I thought of reworking on it. :D
This is still in BETA though

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you[/font]
Edited by ghoshriju33, Oct 6 2017, 05:43 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Awesome job! Really liking how this is working. The design could be a little better considering tables are quite hard to distinguish the way they are but it's really great. I especially love that you use AJAX to make it look like a much nicer transition between pages.

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

The accordion menus are fun, and I like that they are colorful. Its a nice contrast to the very minimalist design on the actual pages.

The transitions are nice too.

ghoshriju33
Member Avatar
I ❤ jQuery
[ *  *  * ]
l1r72
Oct 7 2017, 11:33 AM
Awesome job! Really liking how this is working. The design could be a little better considering tables are quite hard to distinguish the way they are but it's really great. I especially love that you use AJAX to make it look like a much nicer transition between pages.
Thank you. As you know, I don't have any idea about design. So I tried my best to make the tables look minimal. If you have any suggestions regarding the UI, I'll be very glad.

Helena
Oct 7 2017, 11:40 AM
The accordion menus are fun, and I like that they are colorful. Its a nice contrast to the very minimalist design on the actual pages.

The transitions are nice too.

Bry.
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Personally, I don't really like it all that much. To my eyes its too colourful and it just reminds me of Windows 10 a bit too much. Although, that might only be for the one shown on your video and when you said that it's highly customisable, then that's good I suppose.

And personally, I've had no issues of using the current ACP but I can agree with you that it is indeed dated. Don't mind it but. As long I can do many things on it without a hitch :)

ghoshriju33
Member Avatar
I ❤ jQuery
[ *  *  * ]
Bry.
Oct 8 2017, 09:51 AM
Personally, I don't really like it all that much. To my eyes its too colourful and it just reminds me of Windows 10 a bit too much. Although, that might only be for the one shown on your video and when you said that it's highly customisable, then that's good I suppose.

And personally, I've had no issues of using the current ACP but I can agree with you that it is indeed dated. Don't mind it but. As long I can do many things on it without a hitch :)
Actually the design was made way back in 2012 or 2013. Win10 didn't even exist at that time.
Anyways coming to the point, everyone has different perspectives. Speaking of the mod, I never told its highly customisable. It can be done though, since most of the uplifting has been done via CSS.

Personally I am not a fan of the current ACP design. But its my perspective. There is nothing wrong if yours one is different.

extraordinary
[ *  * ]
Wow. This looks so smooth and amazing. I love it!

Bry.
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
ghoshriju33

Actually the design was made way back in 2012 or 2013. Win10 didn't even exist at that time.
Oh, didn't know that. My apologies.

ghoshriju33
Member Avatar
I ❤ jQuery
[ *  *  * ]
extraordinary
Oct 9 2017, 09:17 AM
Wow. This looks so smooth and amazing. I love it!
Thanks

Bry.
Oct 9 2017, 12:26 PM
ghoshriju33

Oh, didn't know that. My apologies.
Ahh. It's okay.

Lothlómendil
Member Avatar
Spam Queen, Bug Sniffer, BBCode Obsessed
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I love the functionality of this, especially the accordion menu. You're totally right, the style of the ACP is dated and needs a refresh. These are useful changes that would go great paired up with someone who has a flair for design and can assist with color selections and visual clarity. You clearly put a lot of thought and work into this, great job!
Edited by Lothlómendil, Oct 9 2017, 04:51 PM.

DaPizzaMan
Member Avatar
#TeamSupport

Lothlómendil
Oct 9 2017, 04:46 PM
I love the functionality of this, especially the accordion menu. You're totally right, the style of the ACP is dated and needs a refresh. These are useful changes that would go great paired up with someone who has a flair for design and can assist with color selections and visual clarity. You clearly put a lot of thought and work into this, great job!
Agreed, the colors need work (too flashy) but the rest is a welcome change.

ghoshriju33
Member Avatar
I ❤ jQuery
[ *  *  * ]
DaPizzaMan
Oct 9 2017, 07:35 PM
Lothlómendil
Oct 9 2017, 04:46 PM
Agreed, the colors need work (too flashy) but the rest is a welcome change.
Thats the problem. I don't do designing. Without a great UI design I can't proceed properly. I know it very well that UX is equally important as UI.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Community Showcase · Next Topic »
Add Reply