Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
What would you like to see in future ZetaBoards upgrades?
Topic Started: Nov 28 2017, 01:57 AM (3,743 Views)
Cory
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I want to hear users opinions on what they would like to see in future ZetaBoards upgrades. This will be good feedback for the developers of ZetaBoards and freelance coders alike.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I'll update this as I think of more.
  • A basic API to use instead of using querying pages for information.
  • Hidden Storage so that we no longer have to store information for certain codes in posts but can do it in a standalone area.
  • Resource Database like Tumblr where we can submit resources rather than in topics (this would most likely have to be a website as opposed to forum related).
  • Extending Layouts so that we have more functionality as to how pages are structured (this most likely will not happen but a suggestion none the less).

fnuppage
[ *  *  *  * ]
A way of sorting uploaded images by date as it can be hard to locate the url for an image after you've uploaded it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Revillution.net
[ *  *  * ]
Better ways to make codes/modiciations. Perhaps a true plugin system of sorts, similar to one ProBoards has?

Nicolas
Member Avatar
"PLES RING IF AN RNSER IS REQIRD."

fnuppage
Nov 28 2017, 09:37 AM
A way of sorting uploaded images by date as it can be hard to locate the url for an image after you've uploaded it.
This is possible already!

In your Admin CP, go to the File Manager then click on the type of attachment your looking for (General Files is uploads from the Admin CP, while Attachments: is things you've attached to posts). Then just click on the Date heading! The page will reload ordered from most recent upload to oldest, and hopefully you can find what you're looking for then. :)

Revillution.net
[ *  *  * ]
More options for ZB Premium like:
a working RDB!
more Premium Only features....perhaps larger upload sizes?
An Alerts System similar to Xenforo's (Jcink added something like this onto his platform which is IPB 1.3.1!)
Customizable areas of the forum if premium perhaps? Like customizable profile pages? Allow admins to perhaps design their profile page layout using HTML?

Just make it worth the $7.99/mo for ZB Premium!

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Nicolas
Nov 28 2017, 10:03 AM
fnuppage

In your Admin CP, go to the File Manager then click on the type of attachment your looking for (General Files is uploads from the Admin CP, while Attachments: is things you've attached to posts). Then just click on the Date heading! The page will reload ordered from most recent upload to oldest, and hopefully you can find what you're looking for then. :)
I much prefer using post attachments for uploading image files. That way you can sort them however you like by what topic you put them in, and everything is dated as well.

You can even view attachment thumbnails when you open the topic if you add Nicolas's cool attachment preview thumbnail code:

http://support.zathyus.com/topic/5066942/

Nicolas
Member Avatar

Helena
Nov 28 2017, 12:38 PM
Nicolas
Nov 28 2017, 10:03 AM
fnuppage

I much prefer using post attachments for uploading image files. That way you can sort them however you like by what topic you put them in, and everything is dated as well.
But if you happen to lose where you put that topic, the File Manager can still help you out. ^_^

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Too bad I'm too lazy to find my suggestions topic that was several times merged together by the Staff that thought that I'm spamming the forum with feature suggestions (:P), but the possibility to edit certain pages and their contents of the forum would be welcome. As well as possibility to assign multiple usergroups to a member. The joinable groups should also get some love, at the very least the Admin should be able to decide whether it is visible to everybody or only to its members.

Nicolas
Member Avatar

Nemomon
Nov 28 2017, 03:44 PM
Too bad I'm too lazy to find my suggestions topic that was several times merged together by the Staff that thought that I'm spamming the forum with feature suggestions (:P), but the possibility to edit certain pages and their contents of the forum would be welcome. As well as possibility to assign multiple usergroups to a member. The joinable groups should also get some love, at the very least the Admin should be able to decide whether it is visible to everybody or only to its members.
http://support.zathyus.com/topic/5131176/1/

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nicolas
Nov 28 2017, 03:48 PM
Nemomon
Nov 28 2017, 03:44 PM
http://support.zathyus.com/topic/5131176/1/
Thank You~ :wub:

.Esper
Member Avatar
x
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I think I have a list I sent directly to devs somewhere... it was primarily a bunch of stuff we wanted to see from ZB.

Some of these are avaiable in premium, but as it sits it is not worth getting premium cause... there's not enough incentive to buy it.

The ability to export the database. (Over the years I've asked, I've gotten answers from talk to Brian to you have to pay some to flat out no's)
More space in board template.
Achievement system/Award system without having to use a code (and with dynamo no longer having support it's kind of annoying)
Upload limit increase.
Customizable profiles (maybe something like profile comments, last 5 visitor to profile, different posting views... - I know cory has made codes but an intergrated one would be nice so i dont have to customize themes to it)
Reputation system
Store/Currency system (Kinda like how other forum software has them)
The ability to search within a particular forum, when you're actually within the forum. [not using the search feature]
AIM, MSN, Yahoo need to be removed or at least optional and not on the profile since they are nonexistant.
More Userfriendly portal
Real Time Alerts.

Like I said, some of these are codes but I wish some of these are intergrated, and some are just c&p from 3 years ago.

Mnikolic
[ *  *  * ]
This probably won't get added, but I'd still want to suggest it:

• A built-in code/forum modification install system
    ZB already has so many codes/modifications. Why not add a forum modification install system (it would probably require a separate website) where coders could make their codes installable just my a click/tap for board owners? The system would work only if the board owner is adding codes/modifications to their board. It'd make life for both the board owners and the ZB staff easier since if a board owner would choose to add a code to their board template which requires a little bit of editing to make the code work with their board, those edits would automatically be made. Every board owner would have their own copy of the code/modification linked to their board and their member no #1 account. It would also prevent any Administrator on any board messing up the Board Template area and then everyone from that board asking why is a board messed up without knowing that they accidentally deleted a part of a code or a line or perhaps even a character in the code without which the code isn't able to work. Additionally, only the board owners would be able to install or delete the codes/modifications, whilst Administrators would just be able to see a list of installed codes/modifications and make just make the setting changes the board owner allows only for a certain code/modification.
  • A more modern Theme-editing system
    Instead of board owners/administrators having to go trough many lines of CSS coding in order to make modifications to skins in order to get them to fit their board, a simple skinning system could easily make life easier for Theme developers. Each installed Theme could still have options to edit its settings, layout, appearance and graphics, except in the Edit Theme Appearance section, instead of the CSS code, there could be options to just edit specific parts of the Theme (like in the CSS guide) with the use of a color chooser. Additionally, a live preview of the skin would be available to the Theme developer as the Theme is being developed. This would make new Theme releases more frequent, faster and easier for both Theme developers and end-users and even for those who are requesting Themes for their ZetaBoards.
  • Member Group accessible Admin CP sections
    What if the forum owners, who have a lot of Admin-based member groups on their boards, could just assign what sections & functions in the Admin CP member group can access & use? Like If I would have a "Super Administrator", "Administrator" and a "Theme Administrator" member group on my board, I could be able to control what Admin-based group can do. The "Super Administrator" group would have full Admin CP access (minus member no. #1 specific/designated functions), the "Administrator" group, for example, wouldn't be able to access specific Admin CP areas, like "Users & Groops" and "Themes" sections, but would be able to do everything else, whilst the "Theme Administrator" group would just have access to the "Themes" section. This would help board owners designate staff-based member groups & differentiate their tasks better. It would also provide them with a greater control of their boards and with a lesser chance of encountering a admin-based staff member messing something up.
  • Text-formatting ability built into the Webpage Maker
    I was just working an a F.A.Q page on my board the other day and I realized that I would have easier time creating the page with at least basic text-formatting functions. It would be a great addition for those that aren't exactly fond of coding if they are creating a full fully-built-in website for their board. Not a ouece of cake creating one if you're adding a lot of info and/or creating a lot of pages.
  • Board Owners Board Index page
    A page that would display a board owner's index of their registered boards (preferably with small previews), which would be linked to that board's owner member profile on the support board (provided that they used the same e-mail address when opening their member account on the support board and when registering their board on the service). Why search for your long-lost board when you can just have it available at your fingertips? Also, adding a feature where a board owner could link a board that they've registered with a different e-mail address. The board's owner member profile on the support board would also read data from the page and just list their registered boards in their member profile in form of links.
  • Board Multi-view (per board owner)
    A feature that would enable the board owners to view all their registered boards at the same time. A simple click/tap on an "Expand" button would take them to the full version of the board they want to browse trough.

I don't know if anything of the above is possible on a forum host, but I thought of these when working on my latest ZetaBoard.
Edited by Mnikolic, Nov 28 2017, 05:03 PM.

Revillution.net
[ *  *  * ]
I like Esper's suggestions, to go with the awards/achievements system, something like Xenforo's Trophy System which can be toggled on/off would be more usable IMO. :)

I'd like to add, a built-in notices sytem would be great. Similar to the notice/announcement ZB has put up on the support forums here, something like that built-into the software would be great. Similar to how MyBB or Xenforo handles their "Notices" system would be ideal. :)
Edited by Revillution.net, Nov 28 2017, 05:32 PM.

DaPizzaMan
Member Avatar
#TeamSupport

.Esper
Nov 28 2017, 04:38 PM
The ability to export the database. (Over the years I've asked, I've gotten answers from talk to Brian to you have to pay some to flat out no's)
A database export would be useless since ZB is a custom software, so the DB would not work if imported anywhere else. The only reason you may want a DB export is to have a backup of all the data on your board, but it's pretty useless if you can't display it anywhere else.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Service Discussion and Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply