Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
What would you like to see in future ZetaBoards upgrades?
Topic Started: Nov 28 2017, 01:57 AM (3,795 Views)
Ennui
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
- Make posts awaiting moderator approval easier to find.

- Report CP
1) Include discussion box on reports allowing moderators to discuss the report 2) Rather than delete the report have a drop down list showing that the report is 'being reviewed' and another showing that it has been 'completed'. Do not delete any of the reports - it is useful for a site owner to be able to review what's been reported and how it's been dealt with.

- Make blog system more visible. Perhaps showing new posts in the shoutbox or on forum profile so people can see when members have posted.

- Integrated likes system. I know this is unlikely to ever happened but I'd love one that doesn't disappear after a few months and that shows a members total number of liked posts on members profiles.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Revillution.net
[ *  *  * ]
I'd also like an easier/better way to import/export banned users in the ban list....as it stands right now, it takes forever to do this, the way IPB 1.3 did it was better.....

I feel like if we wanted to help combat spam on ZetaBoards, admins could share their ban lists and import/export them between forum admins to combat known spambots properly. :)

Mnikolic
[ *  *  * ]
I just thought of another suggestion.

The ability to select multiple forums/sub-forums to either join them into a single forum or simply delete them and move topics into an admin-selected forum/sub-forum. Maybe even introduce a similar feature for forum categories: The ability to delete multiple forum categories at once and move their forums & sub-forums to the admin-selected forum category.

Geoffrey
Member Avatar
Devilishly Handsome
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Moonface
Nov 29 2017, 02:34 PM
can only be done by Brandon.
This is the change I'd like, while we're all posting our ZB update Christmas lists... it's way past time that there was an actual development team working on things around here. It's embarrassing that there hasn't been an update/upgrade in years when there are plenty of things (clearly from this topic alone) that need just minor fixes. If Brandon doesn't have the time, the interest, or whatever the problem is to be the sole developer, don't be the sole developer. Is it that he's too controlling to let anyone else hold the reigns for a bit and touch the code? What's the reason for not having even one more developer, if not a full team? Don't want to share the revenue? Is it a money thing? Do a donation drive, I bet several forum admins here would donate if it meant more frequent updates.

/rant

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Geoffrey
Dec 9 2017, 09:05 PM
Moonface
This is the change I'd like, while we're all posting our ZB update Christmas lists... it's way past time that there was an actual development team working on things around here. It's embarrassing that there hasn't been an update/upgrade in years when there are plenty of things (clearly from this topic alone) that need just minor fixes. If Brandon doesn't have the time, the interest, or whatever the problem is to be the sole developer, don't be the sole developer. Is it that he's too controlling to let anyone else hold the reigns for a bit and touch the code? What's the reason for not having even one more developer, if not a full team? Don't want to share the revenue? Is it a money thing? Do a donation drive, I bet several forum admins here would donate if it meant more frequent updates.

/rant
Why I think this won't happen, though I wouldn't mind helping with development if I could, is because ZB is hosted by Brandon and now Tapatalk. Like any software out there, once someone gets into the code they could steal it. It would have to go through agreements and signatures and documents before devs could be allowed to help because otherwise there would be no control over what they actually do with everything once they've seen it. That alone is too much of a hassle for Brandon.

Syndication
[ * ]
Mobile (yes, I know it's coming), social media intergration and mentions/likes/notifications built in. ACP needs mobile, name change notifications, file manager needs an overhaul. Webpages need an overhaul. I could keep going but that just my general thought path.

ZB is starting to feel like it is 10 years old. For ZB to have long term viability as a standalone platform... it needs to honestly be more flashy to compete. It's what people have come to expect. FB/Twitter/YouTube/countless others would be out of business if they still felt the same 10 years ago.

Outside of all that, I do like ZB. It has endless potential and more so now that Tapatalk owns it. I would imagine that they would have an interest in growing ZB and will provide the needed resources. We'll just have to wait and see.

zbug
Member Avatar
Galaxy Friend
[ *  *  * ]
Geoffrey
Dec 9 2017, 09:05 PM
Moonface

/rant
if there was a like button i would smash that thing so dam hard.

Ennui
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
It would be nice to be able to login using your Facebook credentials.

fnuppage
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ennui
Dec 10 2017, 01:13 PM
It would be nice to be able to login using your Facebook credentials.
Personally, that would be the last thing I'd want to see. I actively avoid "Log in with Facebook" or "Log in with Google" It was introduced on a forum platform we were on and I lost 20 members overnight simply though it being made available.

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Tú Eres Pirata!
[ *  * ]
Features
Custom Ranks: It would be cool if custom rank images/pips were viewable on the Member List.

Webpages: I'd love it if there was a little more space added to a webpage. More than once I reached cap for what you can actually put on a single page while designing on them.

Webpages 2.0: Maybe the ability to add options to webpage creation. Example of this is when you create a new page, it offers you options similar to when you add new Portal content; such as plain text with BBCode or HTML, rather than strictly being HTML.

Calendar Images: The ability to not just add a background color to a calendar event, but adding a emote or custom image as well, one that is visible on the calendar, not just going into the event to view it.

Fixes
Forum Header Fix: the system updated to account for when we add in custom topic options, so that the header bar covers the entire section on its own rather than requiring a code for it.

Tables Fix: As it sits, if a table has more than 7 columns, then the top header will not cover anything past seven.

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

A note for anyone one with the custom topic options problem with 3 part headers: If you install DaPizzaMans mobile responsive codes to your themes, it includes a fix for the that problem (plus several others).

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
The ability to opt out of the ZB google analytics and use my own and also for the board stats graphs in the admin cp to work once again.

Skyon Archer
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
l1r72
Dec 13 2017, 03:08 AM
The ability to opt out of the ZB google analytics and use my own and also for the board stats graphs in the admin cp to work once again.
The google api link the ACP currently uses to attempt to display charts does not exist anymore, as such the graphs will never be displayed. Google charts are still available though and someone will simply have to do a little rewrite to make the magic happen. Note: see this about Google Charts or this for a demonstration of different charts available

This could be a relatively simple fix :)

Ismailov
[ *  * ]
Exceedingly minor, but apparently when Invisionfree boards are converted to ZetaBoards, any "This post has been edited by..." messages at the bottom of edited posts are removed after the conversion.

If those could stay, that'd be nice.

vix
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Katamari
[ *  *  *  * ]
The ability to see who has voted in a poll, not necessarily what they voted for, just that they voted. The codes never work for me so I'd love to see it integrated in to the board itself.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Service Discussion and Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply