Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Issue with banning
Topic Started: Dec 6 2017, 05:20 PM (285 Views)
borderline
[ *  *  * ]
This is the first ban I've been trying to do since upgrading to Zeta. I had a spammer this morning, I set the banning to infinite ban but this spammer is not banned because is still under the group Newbies and not on the group banned and when I search for banned accounts the spammer's name doesn't appear..

:( what to do? on IF never had this issue
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Revillution.net
[ *  *  * ]
Banning on ZetaBoards is a little different.

IF you have a Banned group, you can set the spammer to this group.

I recommend two things:

1) Ban them using the Ban section in the admin CP

Posted Image

Add their email address and IP address there, can also put their username under reserved usernames.

2) Make a member auto tool that moves them to the banned group, deletes their signature and all profile info

The member & topic auto tools are a great way to combat spam on ZetaBoards and are very useful.....these can be found below:
Posted Image

You can utilize the settings I have there (I recommend doing this)

This will successfully ban the individual from your forums. :) Hope this helps!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · ZetaBoards Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply