Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Prune Spambots [Delete All Posts/Topics by User]
Topic Started: Dec 7 2017, 06:54 PM (318 Views)
Viral
Member Avatar
Viral
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This adds the option for all admins to edit/ delete all topics and posts by any user. This can be used to mass delete a user's posts if they have requested it, or more commonly to prune all posts and topics by a spambot by a few clicks of a button. You are given the option to differentiate between topics with replies, and topics without replies. This allows you to 'save' topics which have replies from other users as deleting a topic would normally delete those replies as well. To make use of this feature, navigate to a user's profile and hover over the "Profile Options" dropdown. A new option "Edit/ Delete Posts" will appear - click this and follow the instructions.

This is an incredibly powerful tool and should be treated with caution; note this option is only activated for admins and no one else. This was originally a premium modification, and is now being offered for free in my "everything should be open-source" movement :) .

Ad-credit Friendly: This code has been modified so as to not use up any ad-credits.

Original Release Date: August 19, 2014 (this was originally a paid modification only, and I am now releasing it for the public to use)

The video below gives a more detailed overview of how to use the modification if necessary. If in doubt, use it on a test forum before employing it on your own board.

http://www.screencast.com/t/lFfZqHBW12YZ

Installation Instructions

The most up-to-date version of the code, previews and install instructions can be found in the GitHub repo: click here.

More general instructions can be found here.

Note I am now porting all of my modifications to this GitHub repository so they can all be found in one place, updates can pushed through easily, and I can keep all installation information etc together in one place. Please give the repo a 'star' if you find this useful.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cory
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Great to see this released publicly! I'm going to have a staff member remove my 'Trash All Topics From Search Results For A User' topic since this is much more reliable.

Viral
Member Avatar
Viral
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Cory. If I ever get the time, I'll work on extending this into a control panel which can predict which members are spambots and you can prune multiple members at once, including banning them via the warn system. Sounds fun, but I just can't justify the time I'd need to spend on it currently with the lack of ZetaBoard's users.

Revillution.net
[ *  *  * ]
Thank you Viral! :)

Took the liberty of hosting the code for anyone who wants to save space!

Below the Board:

Code:

<!--Prune Spambot by Viral-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://b3.ifrm.com/40052/116/0/f7033312/pruneuserposts.js"></script>

Edited by Revillution.net, Dec 9 2017, 03:51 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · ZetaBoards Codes & Modifications · Next Topic »
Add Reply