We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Custom Member List
Topic Started: Jan 18 2018, 08:33 PM (296 Views)
kgbvsgru
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Board Address: Sons of Combat
Board Software: ZB
Description: Hi Coding Team,

Preamble. I run/ran a gaming clan, thinking about getting back into it. There are different roles within the clan and this is reflected in the user groups I have created (http://www.sonsofcombat.com/pages/about/ in Structure tab). Member categories/user groups are fixed but members within those groups are fluid and would change regularly.

When clicking the 'members' link I would like the page to list those (4-5) member groups hierarchically in their own section, and then all of the other registered member groups. I have a current member list created through html webpage maker but when new members join/old ones leave/change roles, I have to update this page manually. With the custom one, i'd be able to change the members user group and they'd automatically show up/change categories. This would also utilise the member list as it is right next to all the other main menu links.

Displaying certain profile fields next to the member name (i.e their avatar, location, post count, join date etc) would be amazing.**

If the solution is simply a custom code for a html webpage that would also be absolutely fine. I'm sure I could remove the existing members list link and replace it with my custom page.

If there are alternate options existing, I apologise for not being able to track them down!

Many thanks in advance.
**Not sure if this helps/complicates.

If it is possible to insert profile fields, I reckon it would be pretty cool if each member in the group looked like this.
Posted Image
Where the 'Essay to be proud of' Heading is the Group i.e Administrators and then each member of that group is displayed in the manner that muFFiNs is, one under the other.

There would then be a break and the process repeated for other user groups.
Edited by kgbvsgru, Jan 18 2018, 08:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kgbvsgru
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone had attempted this/ if it is even possible?

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
-
Edited by l1r72, Jun 8 2018, 01:37 PM.

kgbvsgru
Member Avatar
[ * ]
l1r72
Feb 14 2018, 07:39 PM
I'll get back to you on this soon, but so far, the easiest way to create groups which are fluid are to create "Joinable Groups" in the Admin CP. These groups members can join and leave as they wish. Getting player data after that is not too hard, but can be intensive because it uses quite a few ajax requests if there are a lot of members.
Hey, thanks for your reply. I'm not so much after groups that members can themselves join and leave as they please, rather the forum groups of the board proper that admins would manually edit people into and out of. I suppose I could create carbon copies of the groups i'm after using the Joinable Groups feature and use the invite/request options for those groups. However, i'm still faced with the problem of there not being a single web/forum page that will list all the groups that I desire and the members within said groups (which is the ultimate end goal). I look forward to your response.
Edited by kgbvsgru, Feb 19 2018, 04:27 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Codes & Modifications Requests · Next Topic »
Add Reply