Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Directory Updated Soon?
Topic Started: Feb 8 2018, 12:47 AM (239 Views)
JAR
Member Avatar
Fortnite Noob
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Your board will be in the directory the next time ranks are recalculated."

So new boards aren't being in the directory? Any idea when and if they ever will be?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

The directory has been broken for quite a while. It does not seem to be high on the list of things to fix. There is no estimated date for it to be returned to service, although a fix is planned.

Sorry there is not better news about it. The best suggestion I have is to proceed as if it will not be fixed soon and find other ways to promote your forum.

You might find some help in this documentation:
http://docs.zetaboards.com/faq/advertise
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JAR
Member Avatar
Fortnite Noob
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am not worried about it. :) Just noticed it's been off for a while.
Figured I'd ask.

Bry.
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
You're not the only one wondering about this. Others were too.

And even if a fix on this has not been done for a while, I'm hoping that it will come soon, especially when many more forums are being made everyday. Although I have to ask... how did it get broken in the first place?
Edited by Bry., Feb 8 2018, 03:53 AM.

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I kinda wondered if a Directory is really that important. I mean, from my own experience if I'm looking for a board, I use uncle Google for that rather than a directory, and I register to a board only if I need something from it (Google found that thing for me on it), and not to talk about pretty much nothing, so a directory isn't really something I need. And considering that we live in busy times, there is only a handful amount of people that have too much free time in their hands.

So, is a directory really needed?

Moonface
Member Avatar

The directory could be used for finding boards rather efficiently if the issue with dead boards in it could be resolved without necessarily removing them outright (in the event people want easy ways to find old boards). I find that finding a live board is usually what ends up taking up too much time when it came to browsing it back when it worked just because so many of them in the higher ranks were inactive in comparison.

-Neo Metallix-
Member Avatar
Metal Overlord
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Moonface
Feb 8 2018, 10:38 AM
The directory could be used for finding boards rather efficiently if the issue with dead boards in it could be resolved without necessarily removing them outright (in the event people want easy ways to find old boards). I find that finding a live board is usually what ends up taking up too much time when it came to browsing it back when it worked just because so many of them in the higher ranks were inactive in comparison.
Maybe when its fixed it can be updated with search filters. One could be by posts per month where the board with most posts in the past 30 days would be on top and so forth.

Bry.
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Oh yes, I concur with that idea. That means we can see of what boards we see there that are actually active, and not ones lying about in decay and ruin. I bet there's a large number in that state though... and it's a shame.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Service Discussion and Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply