Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Support Staff Recommendation
All communities remaining on zIFBoards/InvisionFree should check their conversion opt-in selection in their Admin CP (menu item Tapatalk Conversion)
(Read More)
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
ZetaBoards API
Topic Started: Feb 26 2018, 10:32 AM (416 Views)
l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I'm currently developing a jQuery based ZetaBoards API for developers to use for their own codes. I just wanted to showcase the documentation and ask anyone interested to give me some feedback on how I should document the API for anyone wanting to use it. It's still being developed, and there are many more functions which are completed than the ones which are actually documented so far.

The aim for the API and my goal is to make it much easier for people to make codes for ZetaBoards. Naming goes by PHP and SQL because it's simple and intuitive.

The coolest part of it is a build function which checks the page for pertinent data and outputs it for you to use.

http://zetaboards.pro/topic/10433676/1/

Progress: [+] Complete, [-] Partial, [ ] Awaiting Work
SELECT
     [+] Topics
     [+] Replies
     [ ] Single Post
     [+] Profile
     [ ] Inbox
     [ ] PM
     [+] Members
     [+] Blog
     [+] Blog Entries
     [-] Index
     [+] Portal
     [+] Active Topics
     [+] Replies to Your Topics
INSERT
     [+] Topic
     [+] Reply
     [+] PM
     [x] PM Reply Is this useful to have?
     [x] Blog Entry Is this useful to have?
UPDATE
     [+] Topic
     [+] Reply
     [+] Profile
     [+] Board Settings
     [+] Blog Settings
SEARCH
     [ ] Topics
     [ ] Replies
     [ ] Members
     [ ] Inbox
HIDE - Hides all table rows pertaining to the data
     [+] Forums
     [+] Topics
     [+] Replies
     [+] PM
     [ ] Profile Fields
EXTRA
     GET
          [+] Username
          CURRENT
               [+] Forum
               [ ] Topic
               [ ] Post
     ADD
          [+] Add Submenu Links
          [+] Add Notice
          [+] Add PM Toast
          [+] Add Dropmenu
          [+] Add Dropmenu Link
          [+] Add Category Description
Edited by l1r72, Feb 28 2018, 12:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I've made quite a number of additions to it in the last week. You can see it live on my forum here http://zetaboards.pro/index/ delivering the Members Online Today. Feel free to test it out using the Console and functions found it in the documentation, of which I will be adding more.

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
NOTIFICATION SYSTEM UPDATE

https://i.imgur.com/bwzsyrX.png
Posted Image

This is a live preview with working notifications :D

The first idea was the add notifications as a dropmenu at the top, but due to their length and feedback from those on my support forum, I decided against it. A notification could be any length and thus fit better in a separate box in the bottom right or left hand corner of the screen. Such a design would also allow it to be more easily adapted to a responsive theme. The first and built in use of notification will be for mentions. To mention a user you simply need to type in [mention]Username[/mention]. It will also check whether the username exists and let you know if you want to continue anyway in case they don't.

USERS ONLY TODAY
This part was thanks to Epsilekt as mentioned here ( http://zetaboards.pro/topic/10433676/1/ ) and his users online today code. I simply ported it to jquery and cut out a lot of the work. All of the filtering is done by the Build function which marks the users online in the last 24 hours for you when querying the page.

Another update of the design.

https://i.imgur.com/nQRiuOm.png
Posted Image

This better integrates with the current ZB Pro design. I have also made it so that once a notification is clicked, it is removed. Notifications are all PMs where the title is structured as JSON. When viewing the Inbox you will of course see a nice notification instead of the JSON code. You can then archive notifications from there. The idea behind archiving them on click and not displaying them anymore is so that your inbox doesn't get clogged with already seen notifications. What do you guys think about doing it this way?

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Community Showcase · Next Topic »
Add Reply