Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Lights Out; new dark theme
Topic Started: May 1 2018, 11:50 AM (288 Views)
TuneableSumo876
[ * ]
This is a theme I'm working on, called Lights Out. Code will be published once I finish working on the imageset.

[Preview images removed. Go to http://support.zathyus.com/topic/7021191/1/#new instead.]

Thoughts?

(Go to http://s15.zetaboards.com/tsthemes/index/ and choose Lights Out in the theme selector to see more.)
Edited by TuneableSumo876, May 8 2018, 09:56 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bry.
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
You should not have posted the screenshot showing the staff forum and other things that were meant to be hidden. Do it on a test forum when you make one.

But other than that, it looks good. Let's see what others think though.

Skyon Archer
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, a few thoughts.

1. It's weird how the h2 is disconnected from the table. Also, it seems odd that the h2 is not displayed as wide as the tables as well.
2. At the bottom you have an affiliate box that's using the class of meta_box which makes it more pronounced than the rest of the blocks on the page. Again, seems a little odd that the whole page is "flat" but this box suddenly pops out at you.
3. You should really concentrate of making forum markers, instead of using the default images.

Overall, I like it. It has good potential.

I went to the forum to look at it but of course can't view the actual forum without having to register an account. You should announce it using a test board so guests can at least view the theme/board.

[edit]
Is it just me or is the logo a bit blurry on your site? :)
Edited by Skyon Archer, May 1 2018, 12:40 PM.

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Skyon Archer
May 1 2018, 12:37 PM
Okay, a few thoughts.

1. It's weird how the h2 is disconnected from the table. Also, it seems odd that the h2 is not displayed as wide as the tables as well.
2. At the bottom you have an affiliate box that's using the class of meta_box which makes it more pronounced than the rest of the blocks on the page. Again, seems a little odd that the whole page is "flat" but this box suddenly pops out at you.
3. You should really concentrate of making forum markers, instead of using the default images.

I went to the forum to look at it but of course can't view the actual forum without having to register an account. You should announce it using a test board so guests can at least view the theme/board.

[edit]
I agree with you on all the points.

For forum markers, if you don't want to make them yourself I suggest making CSS markers with icons.

As for the logo, it isn't blurry necessarily. It's the light text with a light dropshadow that gives it that impression.

Bry.
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Skyon Archer
I went to the forum to look at it but of course can't view the actual forum without having to register an account.
Sorry about that... it's only temporary. And even if it has some of the ZB default images right now, he has made one for the Multiquote button which I hope he can show an example of. It's very good. No need for an external image for it :)

TuneableSumo876
[ * ]
Bry.
May 1 2018, 12:02 PM
You should not have posted the screenshot showing the staff forum and other things that were meant to be hidden. Do it on a test forum when you make one.

But other than that, it looks good. Let's see what others think though.
Its been removed, a new screenshot coming soon.

Bry.
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
When you do provide a new screenshot, also provide one showing of how the forum sections and threads look with it too.
Now I see that the test board is up and I have to say, it looks good over there. But like what Archer said, the ZB default images have to go but, you can however replace the topic buttons in the way the Multiquote appears as :)

TuneableSumo876
[ * ]
Skyon Archer
Okay, a few thoughts.

[edit]
Thanks for the feedback! Here's some answers:

1. That's been fixed. See the link in the original post.
2. Questions concerning the Affiliates box should be directed to Bry, but I am working on toning down the meta_box looks a bit. Should be fixed now.
3. I'm currently working on this; the Multiquote button is a good example of what's to come, as are the Expand and Collapse buttons on the h2 forum titles.

You can view all features of the test board by signing in as the test user. The username/password is provided in the General Discussion section's description. Some features are disabled, such as the PM system, due to the fool who's been attacking several ZB forums lately-- you know the deal.

BTW, the Lightweb is not my board (as in, I do not own it); I am a Moderator over there. The "tsthemes" test forum is mine.

[edit]
For goodies, check out the Minimal Dark (beta) theme I'm working on (also present in the theme selector on my test board). It attempts to integrate Bootstrap v4 with ZB, and the New PM icon is SVG (something I hope to bring to Lights Out). Development is currently on hiatus as I make Lights Out ready for prime time.
Edited by TuneableSumo876, May 3 2018, 12:02 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Community Showcase · Next Topic »
Add Reply