Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
ZetaBoards - No More
Topic Started: May 7 2018, 04:44 PM (2,955 Views)
Skyon Archer
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
After reading Brandon's comments in this topic, it seems the inevitable end is quickly approaching.

I was pleased to see "Some of the benefits of the new platform include: - Revenue Sharing of advertising revenue". It's about time I get some return on my investment of time and energy in building up membership and participation on forums; thus increased ad revenue.

Who do I send my information to in order to get my share of the revenue coming my way?

When the transition happens, this mean all forms of modifications are dead and gone.

All theme's are gone since you can only override the default CSS and upload a logo at Tapatalk.

This talk of updates to ZetaBoards, on the Tapatalk platform, seems incomprehensible. How can you update your software when they are rolling your databases to their platform? Are you meaning they will be re-writing their software just for ZetaBoards? This, as well, is incomprehensible.

I only see the transition as the death of ZetaBoards as we know it and the growth of Tapatalk.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jonathan

Although not mentioned publicly:

Brandon

Migrations to TT will not begin until the features are in place. Custom CSS and JS are going to be available to ZB users.

Quote:

Are you meaning they will be re-writing their software just for ZetaBoards?

Brandon is "Platform architect" at TT now, so it is Brandon that is adapting TT with the new features.

fnuppage
[ *  *  *  * ]
We moved out forum to Zetaboards to specifically escape from Tapacrap - Members simply couldn't work with the way Tapacrap worked, they couldn't see the forum properly due to the awful style and to lose things like having our Daily Bible Verse at the top of the forum and all the coding means we have to look again and move again.

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
If Brandon ever reads this. Brandon, send me a PM and let's talk about the frontend and let me help with actual design and setting it up. I know what I'm doing when it comes to CSS and HTML and how to structure it well. If you want to see my work check out the links in my sig. I rewrote your default ZB theme from scratch. I can help make it easier for everyone if you really want it to be good in terms of design and customising it.

vix
Member Avatar
Keeper of the Katamari
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is incredibly disappointing at the moment. I have yet to hear anything good about Tapatalk. All I hear is it's a trash service. I don't want my forum there.
Edited by vix, May 7 2018, 11:37 PM.

KingofHearts316_2018
Member Avatar
[ * ]
vix
May 7 2018, 11:11 PM
This is incredibly disappointing at the moment. I have yet to hear anything good about Tapatalk. All I hear is it's a trash service. I don't want my forum there.
I'm with you guys!

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is indeed pretty sad to hear. Especially after we were told that if we want to escape from TT hands, we should convert our boards to ZB. I wonder how people that opted to convert to ZB their IF boards will feel now. Personally I would feel cheated.

Brandon promises new and fast updates, but I kinda hardly can believe in that. Don't know why. Not to mention that he mentions that ZB no longer will get any updates (any updates will be available after the move), we don't know when the move will happen, and even the features Brandon mentioned don't really sound good to me. And totally not worth the time and resources Admins will have to spend to to adapt their boards to the new and sad reality.

Not to mention that lots of people hate TT for various reasons, and they as well might leave their own boards.

The best way would be to just move ZB servers to TT and let them stay the way they are right now, but that's probably out of question.

Out of curiosity, what will happen to this Support Board?

Skyon Archer
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nemomon
May 7 2018, 11:52 PM
Out of curiosity, what will happen to this Support Board?

This . . .
Quote:

. . . and this . . .
Quote:

Edited by Skyon Archer, May 8 2018, 12:22 AM.

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I meant this very forum. If it somehow will be merged with TT support board, will become a normal board without a theme, or will be left to die.

Mozz
Member Avatar
" Its not a bug its an undocumented feature "
[ *  *  *  * ]
I knew this would happen, we don't want t go to Tapacrap, all the stories of having to pay for support over there from people that were there. It is a sad day for Zeta why, cause not a lot of people will stick around, i have members on mine now saying that they won't be visiting mine when it is n TT cause they know what it is like, so thx Zeta, all our hard work and supporting Zetra and all we get is a kick in the ass.

Cory
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tapatalk seems to get a lot of hate, so I fear the worst of what is becoming of this network. It almost feels like a lot of time was wasted investing into developing codes/themes/skins/documentation's for this network when all that work is essentially going to be trashed because it won't be compatible with Tapatalk. I really enjoyed developing for ZetaBoards and I like how everything is laid out and functions. I grew very fond and accustomed to this network. I just re-downloaded the Tapatalk app to my phone tonight and it seems pretty convenient to use. I'm not sure what the non-mobile version is like. I just hope this holds to be a truly righteous path for ZetaBoards to take. This network has gone far too long with promised upgrades and features that we never did see, so I'm hoping Brandon's word holds true that once migrating to Tapatalk we will see a significant increase in feature updates.

sugarpuff
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Well this explains a lot eh? Explains why the directory was never fixed or the RDB....because Brandon knew this was happening so it would be a waste of time! All the hard work a LOT of people have put into their forums...and for what? To be kicked in the teeth and forced to move to crapatalk! 😡😡😡😡😡😡.

Bry.
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
This is officially the end of an era... :cry:
Edited by Bry., May 8 2018, 02:56 AM.

sugarpuff
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Tiz indeed Bry. Had an email this morning from a zetaboards user who is now moving to pro boards because of this. Thanks for nothing Brandon. Guess years of loyalty to zetaboards and IF counts for nothing eh?😡😡😡

l1r72
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
What a lot of people don't understand is that Brandon is developing a whole new system. He is combining the good of Tapatalk with the best of ZB. Tapatalk has its benefits and ZB is really great or could be if it was finished. He is building something new under the name Tapatalk but not what we know it as now. I have high hopes for it as Brandon does know his stuff. I just hope it goes well. Good luck to him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Community Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply