Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Recent ZB Announcement
Topic Started: May 8 2018, 08:42 AM (18,812 Views)
-Neo Metallix-
Member Avatar
Metal Overlord
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If Iím reading this right, everyone is now going to be transitioned to Tapatalk including ZB owners? But Tapatalk will have ZB features implemented to it?

If so my biggest concern is theme breaking updates. Thereís no way a ZB theme will work on Tapatalk without major reworking.
Edited by -Neo Metallix-, May 8 2018, 08:45 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stephen
Member Avatar
Twilight is upon me, and soon night must fall.

Essentially, Brandon is working on what could almost be considered a third software that is a hybrid of tapatalk and zetaboards. Basically using the tapatalk base and adding ZB features.

The big item all staff loudly brought up is themes and codes. It has been expressed to Brandon how absolutely crippling to ZB communities it would be to lose that identity that many of these boards have had for a decade or longer.

Mozz
Member Avatar
" Itís not a bug Ė itís an undocumented feature "
[ *  *  *  * ]
Don't believe a word of it, complete bull**** the staff team on here have been told nothing but what Brandon has announced to them and staff have voiced their opinion it, sorry Stephen but were not idiots how the hell do you expect us t believe that when we who has put our loyalty to Brandon and Zeta only to be lied to . REALLY. please dont figure us to be stupid to the fact what is going on. I think it is an insult t us all, i respect that you as team members have been told what to say in regards to this but lets all be truthful about it rather than thinking we are all going to buy this crap
Edited by Mozz, May 8 2018, 09:48 AM.

-Neo Metallix-
Member Avatar
Metal Overlord
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Stephen
May 8 2018, 09:18 AM
Essentially, Brandon is working on what could almost be considered a third software that is a hybrid of tapatalk and zetaboards. Basically using the tapatalk base and adding ZB features.

The big item all staff loudly brought up is themes and codes. It has been expressed to Brandon how absolutely crippling to ZB communities it would be to lose that identity that many of these boards have had for a decade or longer.
Well thatís an interesting take on it that sounds pretty good. Hopefully he will heed the advice given by staff about the themes. I really donít want to convert them all from scratch!

Will the support forum be converted first like it was back before ZB launched?

Stephen
Member Avatar

Mozz
May 8 2018, 09:46 AM
Don't believe a word of it, complete bull**** the staff team on here have been told nothing but what Brandon has announced to them and staff have voiced their opinion it, sorry Stephen but were not idiots how the hell do you expect us t believe that when we who has put our loyalty to Brandon and Zeta only to be lied to . REALLY. please dont figure us to be stupid to the fact what is going on. I think it is an insult t us all, i respect that you as team members have been told what to say in regards to this but lets all be truthful about it rather than thinking we are all going to buy this crap
Did I ask you to believe me? Did I say Brandon was going to do it?

I told you what the staff told Brandon- very loudly and clearly.

What he decides to do and what Tapatalk decides to do is up to them. All I can tell you is what the staff have done.

See the other topic where I addressed the complete cratering of our credibility. I'm well aware that we were all made into liars and if the tone of my posts regarding this isn't clear- I'm less than thrilled by it.

And lastly, no one on the staff is telling you what we've been told to say. We're telling you exactly what we have been told- nothing more and nothing less.

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
So the ZB software as we know it will cease to exist?

Mozz
Member Avatar
" Itís not a bug Ė itís an undocumented feature "
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did i say i was blaming you NO I have seen the other topics, and other topics on a lot of boards about this, did i call you i liar NO did i call the staff on here liars NO, read what i said, i know you guys didn't know what was going on, if your stressed about it then leave it, don't say i am blaming you FFS, holy rusted metal, Batman! man, Brandon needs to get on here and start growing some and answering everyone questions rather than leaving to you guys. period we want Brandon to on here so he can hear it

Stephen
Member Avatar

I believe you are misinterpreting my post. I did not blame you. I simply responded with facts. That wasn't meant to be an attack so I am sorry it was interpreted that way. I was simply clarifying things in response to your post.

As far as stressed out? Nope. I am simply addressing things as honestly as I can. If you would prefer we don't answer at all and leave you all without any answers at all, I can do that. I just know that is not what I would want.
-Neo Metallix-
We learned a long time ago that multiple support forums do not work. Given the data, a merge is unlikely. Tapatalk already has their own support forum and team. The likely answer is this board will be decomissioned when everything is finished.

Starlake
Member Avatar
Nah
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So what is happening? I'm going to lose all the skins I worked so hard on, all the data I wanted to preserve for YEARS, is just going to be converted into that AWFUL UNCODABLE TAPATALK?

I thought it was SUPPOSED TO be confirmed thatONLY INVISIONFREE was going to be ruined and my Zetaboards forums were fine. THIS IS NOT THAT. YOU ARE TAKING AWAY MY COMMUNITIES.

What the hell is going on? Can I get an explanation? Why are you doing this to us? After being loyal since 2005, you're going to spit in my face?

Bluezone777
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It would be nice to see it kept around as an archive at least. There is a lot of history here and it would be a real shame to see it all disappear into oblivion.

Moonface
Member Avatar

Starlake
May 8 2018, 10:40 AM
So what is happening? I'm going to lose all the skins I worked so hard on, all the data I wanted to preserve for YEARS, is just going to be converted into that AWFUL UNCODABLE TAPATALK?

I thought it was SUPPOSED TO be confirmed thatONLY INVISIONFREE was going to be ruined and my Zetaboards forums were fine. THIS IS NOT THAT. YOU ARE TAKING AWAY MY COMMUNITIES.

What the hell is going on? Can I get an explanation? Why are you doing this to us? After being loyal since 2005, you're going to spit in my face?
Brandon has stated that the new platform will have CSS and JS that can be edited. To what extent he didn't say but it would be stupid to not have the same level of customisation already present.

We all thought that too. Everyone on staff believed ZB wasn't going anywhere, and then out of the blue we were told otherwise.

Brandon's reasoning was that keeping ZB independent was becoming pretty much impossible due to things such as GDPR, SSL, and changes to advertising markets requiring so much of his time that working on anything like updates and bug fixes takes too long to get around to. This move is what Brandon believes to be the best way to improve ZB and address the issues of updates never coming in and whatnot.

Starlake
Member Avatar
Nah
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't care if ZB never receives an update again, I still want the option to remain there because I could NOT figure out what Tapatalk even was, also it seems to mostly be a phone-based thing anyway and I DON'T HAVE A PHONE... Yeah I am just being brutally kicked while I'm already down!

Can't Brandon at least CHILL and make this process take as long as humanly possible? I don't want to scramble to save hundreds of pages, threads, files, and literally backup my entire forum MYSELF, in a mere few weeks, I want at least six months, I would VASTLY prefer a year.

-Neo Metallix-
Member Avatar
Metal Overlord
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Stephen
May 8 2018, 10:33 AM
I believe you are misinterpreting my post. I did not blame you. I simply responded with facts. That wasn't meant to be an attack so I am sorry it was interpreted that way. I was simply clarifying things in response to your post.

As far as stressed out? Nope. I am simply addressing things as honestly as I can. If you would prefer we don't answer at all and leave you all without any answers at all, I can do that. I just know that is not what I would want.
-Neo Metallix-
We learned a long time ago that multiple support forums do not work. Given the data, a merge is unlikely. Tapatalk already has their own support forum and team. The likely answer is this board will be decomissioned when everything is finished.
So if this is shut down, are you and the rest of the staff going to be made staff over at their support forum?

Moonface
Member Avatar

-Neo Metallix-
May 8 2018, 12:22 PM
So if this is shut down, are you and the rest of the staff going to be made staff over at their support forum?
No idea. We haven't been told anything in regards to the future of our positions.

Mnikolic
[ *  *  * ]
Looks like my decision to move to another forum host was the right decision. No offense to Brandon or the ZetaBoards Staff - I'm sure that anything that could be done to save ZetaBoards and make it maintainable was indeed done - but I actually kind of predicted that this would go down following the zIF Boards & Tapatalk announcement. However, I chose to keep it to myself so I would see where things go first. And boy, I wasn't off, not by even a bit.

It's a fact that that ZetaBoards software is YEARS behind other forum solutions, even the ones that are available for free. Laws and circumstances can change at anytime too without warning and that's just what happened. Brandon considered what's the best and it's just that he came to a conclusion that just updating the ZB software was going to take too long since there's has not been a major software upgrade that ZB desperately needs for more than a decade.

I'm not defending anyone and I also do not support the idea of ZetaBoards going into the Tapatalk mode. If Brandon comes up with a hybrid software that combines BOTH the functionality and the structure of both ZetaBoards and Tapatalk, I can see ZetaBoards still staying around at least in some way, shape or form. But just switching everyone to what is the worst free forum host ever IS NOT a solution. If the Tapatalk switch can not be avoided, than at least give us a forum software that combines the best of ZetaBoards and Tapatalk. There are forum owners, developers and members here who have worked on their communities, Themes and Codes for YEARS and also, everyone who took part in the development of the ZetaBoards software also has to be considered as well. If all ZB communities are just switched over to Tapatalk, than all those involved have just lost their time doing in what they believed in, what was dear to them and what they worked for all this time.

I will respect any decision Brandon takes, but the way things are going right now, it's best to design the hybrid software and just go with it.

No offense to anyone, but this is my opinion about this issue.
Edited by Mnikolic, May 8 2018, 12:35 PM.

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Service Discussion and Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply