We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
ZB 2.0 - our planned new default ZetaBoards theme; y'all might as well get a chance to use it
Topic Started: May 30 2018, 10:46 AM (1,643 Views)
Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

This theme has been in the planning stages behind the scenes for some time as a replacement for the ZetaBoards default theme. Design work and concept development was done by Cody, and plans were to hard-code a mobile version into the software. They were underway, but not completed. There are a couple screenshots posted below of how the mobile version would have looked. The theme was being built in a sandbox situation on a working board. The version installed here on support isn't able to be viewed with full function, so you will unfortunately not be able to see some of the coding upgrades Cody and Brandon were collaborating on.

Mobile index view
Mobile forum view
Mobile topic view
Mobile profile view

Enough work was completed that we can show you the desktop version, at least as adapted to the current base coding. CSS generated buttons and icons have been reconstructed as images from existing files and screenshots, so apologies to Cody if there are some that are out of place or not in a final version.

ZB 2.0 is mostly working, except for the Board Feed section in the sidebar. That was meant to include any of the modules users wanted to display there, such as active topics, shoutbox, stats, etc.
mockup of board feed section in use

ACP login screen

More feature details & screenshots provided by Nicolas here: http://support.zathyus.com/single/?p=30033935&t=7021183

Stephen has already enabled some of the historically beloved support board themes, and this one has now been added to the theme selector as well. We hope that they can be enjoyed in the remaining time this board has before the migration to Tapatalk.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sani
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've said this in IRC, but I'll say it here again.

IT'S SO PRETTY ERMAHGAWD!

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Amazing. :O

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You meant Stephen xD ;)

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Don't forget I am a serial editor: always refresh! :)

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Helena
May 30 2018, 11:03 AM
Don't forget I am a serial editor: always refresh! :)
Yeah, although I doubt my kitty cat will be mad about that. After all You were pretty close ;).

The theme itself is pretty nice indeed, but would be a bit better if the sidebar would stay in place instead of being only a the top of the page. Although I'm not a fan of light themes, this one looks pretty nice. Was there a dark version of it too?

Moonface
Member Avatar

I expect that because the sidebar was intended to have a lot more content in it, that it wouldn't have been able to remain fixed due to having more content in it than could fit every screen height.

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

No dark version was in the works. That would have come after the main default was completed.

One thing I loved about this light version is that is it slightly grayed down and not as bright as the current default theme. So much easier on the eyes for long-term browsing.

Nicolas talks about some of the "under the hood" changes here with screenshots:
http://support.zathyus.com/single/?p=30033935&t=7021183

Jonathan
Member Avatar

Normally I like sticking with Zeta Original, regardless of what theme is in the theme changer (Even with all of the themes Stephen enabled), but I'm sticking with 2.0.

Jonathan silently hopes it never has to go away...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Aerodynamik
[ *  * ]
This almost gave me an orgasm. It's a damn shame everything has been thrown away to serve Tapatalk.... I still can't believe Brandon would throw away such community and resources many other forum hosts would kill for.

Edit: I wonder how Brandon feels/thinks seeing how you guys 'leak' all these new features/designs. I can imagine him going mad and insane. But then again, if he doesn't it only shows he no longer cares.
Edited by Aerodynamik, May 30 2018, 03:32 PM.

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Enabling the theme for the community to use was proposed in the staff area nearly a week ago. If there had been an objection from Brandon, it wouldn't have happened.

We are being promised that CSS and JS/HTML will be functional on the Tapatalk forums version of the ZetaBoards forums. What we don't know is how much effort will be need to convert our codes and styles once transferred. We just have no idea what it all will look like.

Aerodynamik
[ *  * ]
Helena
May 30 2018, 03:53 PM
Enabling the theme for the community to use was proposed in the staff area nearly a week ago. If there had been an objection from Brandon, it wouldn't have happened.

We are being promised that CSS and JS/HTML will be functional on the Tapatalk forums version of the ZetaBoards forums. What we don't know is how much effort will be need to convert our codes and styles once transferred. We just have no idea what it all will look like.
Yeah well, I truely hope many themes will be able to be converted with minimal effort. Only that way this Hybrid will have a chance on surviving.
Edited by Aerodynamik, May 30 2018, 03:59 PM.

Liam
Member Avatar
~

Such an amazing theme. Kudos to Helena and Cody for all the work they've put in

Bry.
[ *  *  * ]
This should've been what ZetaBoards looked like circa 2014/2015. Simple, but damn awesome to look at. Great job guys :up:

Joe
Member Avatar

Thanks for bringing this to life, Cody and Helena!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Community Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: