Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Threads have vanished?
Topic Started: Jul 12 2018, 01:04 PM (157 Views)
snickerdoodle
I was an admin for a board (not MY board in the URL, a different one) that is now abandoned. http://z15.invisionfree.com/Hogwarts_the_History/index.php ... We have recently re-opened the board to go through and read all the old threads before the migration (and possible deletion). There are about 150 or so threads still there, but several of the forums that had at least that many threads EACH is completely empty. Specifically, they were in the archive subforums titled "Summer", "September", "October" etc. We can see in the moderation history that the missing threads were moved into folders in the archive section. But there's no history of any of the missing threads being deleted or pruned or emptied all-at-once. We've chosen the tapatalk route. Is it possible those threads have vanished because the forum is in the process of being transferred?
I should clarify that the root admin said the threads were there a few days ago.
Edited by snickerdoodle, Jul 12 2018, 01:07 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tony
Member Avatar
If found, please report missing.

Hmm.

It wouldn't really surprise us if Tapatalk are deleting data. There is nothing we can do about it. We cannot recover lost data now, or since a while back even.

You may be able to speak with Tapatalk about the losses though: support@tapatalk.com or their support forums: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/forum-migration-support-f99/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · zIFBoards Support & Galleries · Next Topic »
Add Reply