Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
New stuff happened, I have questions
Topic Started: Jul 28 2018, 01:59 AM (1,150 Views)
TheViper4Life
[ * ]
Soooo yeah, I seem to be one of the users that never got an E-Mail about this tapatalk conversion. It's a bit jarring, but I'm willing to learn it. But I need a little help.

1. My theme was completely erased, is there some place to get tapatalk themes like we could for Zetaboards here? And how do I go about editing that?
2. My old theme on the Zetaboard had a custom header/logo at the top of the main page...it's still there, but I can't seem to find how to access it.
3. Where do I find the permissions for how many images and Emotes can be used in a post?

Thanks.
Edited by TheViper4Life, Jul 28 2018, 02:01 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tony
Member Avatar
If found, please report missing.

One of many people. They still won't add a notice to boards.

All questions relating to Tapatalk will need to be made via their support group, or email: support@tapatalk.com

From what we know:

1. There may be a few groups on their service offering themes, but you can only add one, and then you will likely have to pay for their Premium to use it. They will supposedly grandfather in ZetaBoards to use themes free, but they will not clarify the criteria, so don't hold your breath. Edit it just like any CSS really.

2. I heard murmurs that the header image is controlled via the app.

3. I don't know if images are limited, but emotes are behind the premium pay-wall.

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
1. No documentation exists for Tapatalk and no sample code and they won't say why. You edit it in the Admin Panel under the extensions tab. It requires Premium, though allegedly ZB forums are grandfathered though some have encountered that they weren't actually grandfathered.
As far as pre-built ones, I haven't seen any though I do know of one duo that releases ProBoards themes that's been advertising via signature on Tapatalk's support forum so maybe they have Tapatalk ones as well.
2. The banner/header are controlled through the Control Panel / Dashboard, separate from the Admin Control Panel. If you have the app it's the only thing you can access as far as admin controls.
3. Permissions are a mess, I don't know to be honest.

Quote:

but emotes are behind the premium pay-wall.

They aren't a thing on Tapatalk yet.
Old existing ones will continue to display in posts but you can't continue to use them.

They've had a custom emoticon system in the works for at least several months but it's still not here and yes it will likely be paywalled.
Edited by Gaomon274, Jul 28 2018, 02:36 AM.

TheViper4Life
[ * ]
Thanks for the replies. Seems like this whole thing has been a huge mess for everyone.

Seems Tapatalk is going the "you can have a forum for free if you want, but don't expect any features unless you pay us" routine. I've been with InvisionFree/Zetaboards since 2003, with the same forum...but it might be time to actually move on if they're doing this. I'll have to try out this Jcink people have been talking about. I'll keep checking in to see how things change here...kind of attached after 15 years lol

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I would recommend you set up a test forum with Jcink and see how it goes.

Worst case you can always come back to the Tapatalk one.

http://forum.jcink.com/index.php Jcink Support Forum
https://jcodes.jcink.net/ Jcodes made by Cory from here has some resources for Jcink
https://discord.gg/A5DmErU Community ZB Discord

You will need to do some tweaks to get some of the ZB BBCode on there as Jcink doesn't have everything.
(For example, tables and spoilers.)

superintelligentone
[ * ]
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/garberholics/index.php

URGENT HELP NEEDED, July 28, 2018

I left a message for help at zathyus July 9, 2018 concerning the Gaberholics Forum having been abandoned by the owner since Nov 12, 2017. The owner (Toria55) was seldom posting before that time. She doesn't respond to e-mails or Private Messaging. She might be incapacitated or dead.

Now the Garberholics Forum has been switched to Tapatalk without active Administration
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/garberholics/index.php

I want to assume ownership since I was formerly a co-administator there. My proof of authority is contained in the older part of this message.
Quote:

Hello. I'm SIO aka superintelligentone

I'm one of 2 former co-administrators of Garberhollics zetaboard forum
http://s10.zetaboards.com/Garberholics/

I've joined Zathyus to report that the Garberholics forum has been abandoned by owner toria55 - last posting on Nov 12 2017, 04:40 PM.

The Owner, toria55 (http://s10.zetaboards.com/Garberholics/profile/248255/) took away our administrative status 2 or 3 yrs ago with the claim that she no longer needed any assistants. My former co-administartor confided that toria was angry with us.

toria55 didn't post much before or since. She's been known to disappear for long periods. She was away for months at a time prior to our dismissal, which was why she needed co-administrators.

She hasn't responded to PM nor e-mails about needing to remove SPAM posts, one posted 2 years ago.

I suspect she had failing health as reason for her long absences. She could have passed on suddenly. It falls to me to assume ownership. I probably have some text proof that I was a co-administrator on the Garberholic forum that you can check past posts about.

SIO

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Unfortunately no one on this support forum can assist on this as far as I know.

You'll need to contact Tapatalk at support@tapatalk.com or attempt their support forum which is usually unmonitored on weekends.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/
Edited by Gaomon274, Jul 28 2018, 08:44 PM.

Helena
Member Avatar
M is for Mod

Gaemon is correct. Once your forum has transitioned to Tapatalk, there is nothing more we can do for you here. You maybe able to arrange for the transfer of ownership via contact with Tapatalk.

Orpheus.
Member Avatar
Toxic
[ *  *  * ]
I don't know what led to this decision, but that's pretty weird and isn't too fair.
To be moved (with force), without mattering if we want this or not, on another board format, with other hosts.
A lot of things not works or not exists anymore. Many years of work with these boards, now are gone on the wind. :(
Edited by Orpheus., Jul 30 2018, 08:53 AM.

Aaron
Member Avatar
This message brought to you by Aaron's Ghost.

Orpheus.
Jul 30 2018, 08:32 AM
I don't know what led to this decision, but that's pretty weird and isn't too fair.
To be moved (with force), without mattering if we want this or not, on another board format, with other hosts.
A lot of things not works or not exists anymore. Many years of work with these boards, now are gone on the wind. :(
We [the staff] told Brandon about these issues, we pleaded with Brandon not to make the move until TapATalk had all of the essential features of Zetaboards. He failed to heed it.
See this post by Community Administrator Stephen for more details: http://support.zathyus.com/single/?p=30037171&t=7022703

We also told him he needed to make a network wide announcement via the ACP or something. Instead he only posted a notice on the support forum.

We [the staff] are not fans of how every thing transpired and are actively encouraging people go to another host or to self host (see Stephen's Signature in the post mentioned above for some suggestions).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Orpheus.
Member Avatar
Toxic
[ *  *  * ]
Aaron
Jul 30 2018, 11:14 AM

encouraging people go to another host or to self host

I see.

In the end, this is what will happening with mostly of us: we will migrating

Because what I see now at Tapatalk is just a nasty and unfriendly board with a complicated menu and in the same time with lacks of what we need. I already look for the host elsewhere, but I have to take it from scratch, I do not see how I can move all the posts and other stuffs from the current forum, to another.
But I'm still confused about what, who, forced Brandon, (or who is in the back of this transition), to pass Zetaboards to Tapatalk
Why??

LE: and now between us: how is this that this board is still at Zetaboards and wasn't tooked by Tapatalk, same as ours?

Edited by Orpheus., Jul 30 2018, 11:39 AM.

NickB
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Orpheus.
Jul 30 2018, 11:33 AM
But I'm still confused about what, who, forced Brandon, (or who is in the back of this transition), to pass Zetaboards to Tapatalk
Why??

It was for money. TT acquired ZB.

Aaron
Member Avatar

Orpheus.
Jul 30 2018, 11:33 AM
Aaron
Jul 30 2018, 11:14 AM

encouraging people go to another host or to self host

I see.

In the end, this is what will happening with mostly of us: we will migrating

Because what I see now at Tapatalk is just a nasty and unfriendly board with a complicated menu and in the same time with lacks of what we need. I already look for the host elsewhere, but I have to take it from scratch, I do not see how I can move all the posts and other stuffs from the current forum, to another.
Why??

LE: and now between us: how is this that this board is still at Zetaboards and wasn't tooked by Tapatalk, same as ours?

Brandon sold Zaythus Networks (Invisionfree/zIF, and Zetaboards) to TapATalk and also became an employee of TapATAlk.

The conversions are not done all at once but in some sort of batch process which Brandon nor TapATalk has really explained to any one. I do not know if they plan on even converting this support board over or not.
Edited by Aaron, Jul 30 2018, 11:54 AM.

Orpheus.
Member Avatar
Toxic
[ *  *  * ]
Thanks Aaron, you are very kind.
Now I understood everything, but still sad.

Aaron
Member Avatar

Orpheus.
Jul 30 2018, 11:59 AM
Thanks Aaron, you are very kind.
Now I understood everything, but still sad.
Thank you.

We all are sad, most of the people here like you put a ton in to their boards, and then the staff here put in ton of time (in most cases close to a decade if not over) and effort in to this to try and make it better.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · ZetaBoards Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply