We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
AM I THE ONLY ONE GOING TO MyBB ?
Topic Started: Jul 28 2018, 10:04 AM (1,178 Views)
VSW
[ *  * ]
Posted Image

I was lucky enough to find MyBB4, it works nicely with my limited browser.
The ACP is easy to use.....If i can use it then users here would have absolutely no problem. lol They could navigate it in their sleep.

It has a slew of customization options.
Template options like Manage Template, SetsAdd, SetAdd, Template, GroupSearch/Replace.

And i can create multiple themes & there's the options like Themes
Create New Theme, Import a Theme, Browse Themes.

I can also a create child theme under a parent theme.

I'm just wondering, am i the only using MyBB lol ?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

anon90
[ * ]
Not a fan of MyBB.

I find that Jcink is more like ZetaBoards.
Edited by anon90, Jul 28 2018, 10:23 AM.

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No, you're not the only MyBB person.
However given that the biggest (imo) MyBB service shuttered and the rest are iffy in comparison, a lot have went to Jcink instead.

Though for those self-hosting, there are a few that went MyBB such as Universal Gaming and The Coffee House. Another was going to relaunch with MyBB but instead went with Xenforo.

.Reverie.
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
My forum was going to open on Mybb, but lack of updated plug-ins made it less appealing to me so we chose Xenforo for ours. Mybb has a good member base though so it can be good!

I wish ya good luck :D

-Neo Metallix-
Member Avatar
Metal Overlord
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My forum is going MyBB but we havenít switched yet. I have, however, completed converting the skin and adding plugins. Customization is infinitely more than Zetaboards was even.
Edited by -Neo Metallix-, Jul 28 2018, 11:21 AM.

VSW
[ *  * ]
.Reverie.
Jul 28 2018, 11:16 AM
My forum was going to open on Mybb, but lack of updated plug-ins made it less appealing to me so we chose Xenforo for ours. Mybb has a good member base though so it can be good!

I wish ya good luck :D
Thanks, you too.

"-Neo Metallix-"

My forum is going MyBB but we havenít switched yet. I have, however, completed converting the skin and adding plugins. Customization is infinitely more than Zetaboards was even.

Yeah i agree, there's a few things like allowing custom Emoticons but i haven't gone through yet as i'm still putting together my forums there.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Wanderer
[ * ]
My rp group is on mybb & is self hosted. It's fine for what we need it for. :3
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

VSW
[ *  * ]
queenzelda
Jul 28 2018, 10:16 PM
How long have you been on MyBB ?

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Wanderer
[ * ]
VSW
Jul 29 2018, 12:16 AM
queenzelda
Since May 29th, so for about 2 months now. The past zetaboards forum was at least 5 years old. I copy & pasted a lot of content, by late June I hit the delete button....it wasn't an easy call to make.

There's an archive group going around archiving as many zb's forums they can, but I know its not going to be easy to get them all. Especially if you have people like me who delete first & don't look back.

How long have you been on mybb for?

nakakun
[ * ]
My forum is going to self-host using myBB, very excited about it :)

VSW
[ *  * ]
queenzelda
Jul 29 2018, 02:01 AM
VSW
Jul 29 2018, 12:16 AM
queenzelda
Since May 29th, so for about 2 months now. The past zetaboards forum was at least 5 years old. I copy & pasted a lot of content, by late June I hit the delete button....it wasn't an easy call to make.

There's an archive group going around archiving as many zb's forums they can, but I know its not going to be easy to get them all. Especially if you have people like me who delete first & don't look back.

How long have you been on mybb for?
Yeah it isn't easy to delete something you & everyone of the members put alot of work into.

I don't think i'll delete mine, maybe something will happen where it's becomes decent again.

I've been on MyBB since June 2018.
I tried JCink 1st & it's okay but the ACP is to clustered & not as easy to navigate like MyBB is. For me anyway.

I hate having to ask the members on my forums too repeatedly join each & every forum i put together but in situations there isn't much choice if i'm not wanting to frequent my own forums after zeta went talk.

Luckily i don't have many members but still.
Were the members on your forum willing to join your new MyBB forum, did you lose any ?

"nakakun"

My forum is going to self-host using myBB, very excited about it :)

Really, wow that's great.

"queenzelda"

Sweet, how long have you used MyBB ?
Edited by VSW, Jul 30 2018, 12:43 AM.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Wanderer
[ * ]
VSW
Jul 30 2018, 12:40 AM
Were the members on your forum willing to join your new MyBB forum, did you lose any?

Sweet, how long have you used MyBB?
Well, Idk if your aware of this or not but you can pre-register your members if you so desire. It's the way both fourms I was on besides my own that moved a lot of members over to the mybb forum. That way they were assured their members would move over.

As I posted earlier, I've been on mybb for 2 month's now. I love it it's nice to have control over everything. :3

KyngzIndeyen
Outplayer of Mr. 49361
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, I went to self-hosted MyBB too. Very happy with it so far :) .

I pre-registered everyone who was still active, and practically everyone has made it across by now. There's one person who isn't on yet because they have an extremely old computer which is incompatible with modern SSL certificates, but that's a problem that we're all bound to run into sooner or later anyway.

I would strongly recommend pre-registering people. I know of at least one person who wouldn't have re-registered on the new board had I not pre-registered them - and it's likely that several others wouldn't have done so either.

VSW
[ *  * ]
queenzelda
Jul 30 2018, 01:02 PM
VSW
Jul 30 2018, 12:40 AM
Were the members on your forum willing to join your new MyBB forum, did you lose any?

Sweet, how long have you used MyBB?
Well, Idk if your aware of this or not but you can pre-register your members if you so desire. It's the way both fourms I was on besides my own that moved a lot of members over to the mybb forum. That way they were assured their members would move over.

As I posted earlier, I've been on mybb for 2 month's now. I love it it's nice to have control over everything. :3
Pre-Register members, how ?
That's alot better than asking them to sign up to each forum.

lol Sorry i meant to ask nakakun.

"KyngzIndeyen"

I pre-registered everyone who was still active, and practically everyone has made it across by now. There's one person who isn't on yet because they have an extremely old computer which is incompatible with modern SSL certificates, but that's a problem that we're all bound to run into sooner or later anyway.

Yeah that's my biggest issue but i was amazed i could using my PS3 browser, using my PSP i can't.
Certain browser types people has had trouble too.

queenzelda
Member Avatar
Wanderer
[ * ]
Yea, even the WiiU browser has issues connecting to some mybb boards.

As to how you pre-register members? First log into mybb's admin cpu & look for 'Users & Groups" it's the 4th option on the top of the admin bar. When you click on it, you should see; "Browse Users", "Find Users", & "Create New User". Click on 'Create new User" & fill out everything as you see it in your member's profile field. After you set a random password for everyone you wish to move over, be sure to PM them their new passwords & when they move over it's up to them if they wish to make a new password for themselves or not. ;3
Edited by queenzelda, Jul 31 2018, 06:16 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Service Discussion and Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: