Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (on) Multiquote (off)
Add Reply
Future of Zetaboards?
Topic Started: Aug 10 2018, 02:49 PM (280 Views)
concerneduser1
[ * ]
The recent switch from Zetaboards to Tapatalk has had me and my friends (who primarily communicate via a forum) very overwhelmed. We've switched over to Proboards and tried to give it a similar style to ZB but it just doesn't feel the same, and we all collectively miss Zetaboards very much (just posting here makes me sad and nostalgic.)

I was lurking through here and found links to many alternate forums such as Jcink which essentially mimicked the Invision style.

My question is are there currently any plans or ideas to do something in the same vein as Jcink, but for Zetaboards instead, and if so, what can someone like me who has no coding or expert forum experience do to help?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mnikolic
[ *  *  * ]
Cory created a resource board on Jcnk and some skins & codes are being converted for the use on the Jcink's heavily modified IPB 1.3.. A lot of users are migrating to Jcink because it's how InvisionFree was like. You can already find a handful of Jcink-ready ZB codes and themes there:

https://jcodes.jcink.net

If any work of all ZB coders and theme designers has a shot to be preserved in any way, shape or form, it's there. It will also represent everything that could be ever saved of ZetaBoards. Who knows, maybe Cory ends up expanding the services of his board to other remaining forum hosts and forum platforms as well someday. Or maybe someone else joins the game too and ends up offering the same thing, just for other remaining forum hosts and forum platforms.

However, as for the ZB service itself, it has no future anymore since it will be absorbed into Tapatalk.
Edited by Mnikolic, Aug 10 2018, 04:21 PM.

Aaron
Member Avatar
This message brought to you by Aaron's Ghost.

Jcink doesn't "mimic" the (now I guess "retro/classic") Invision style, it is a modified version of IPB 1.3

As far as your question about Zetaboards, there are no projects that I am aware of, the developer of Zetaboards (and InvisionFree) was hired by TapaTalk so who knows what will happen with that.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerneduser1
[ * ]
Mnikolic
Aug 10 2018, 04:19 PM
Cory created a resource board on Jcnk and some skins & codes are being converted for the use on the Jcink's heavily modified IPB 1.3.. A lot of users are migrating to Jcink because it's how InvisionFree was like. You can already find a handful of Jcink-ready ZB codes and themes there:

https://jcodes.jcink.net

If any work of all ZB coders and theme designers has a shot to be preserved in any way, shape or form, it's there. It will also represent everything that could be ever saved of ZetaBoards. Who knows, maybe Cory ends up expanding the services of his board to other remaining forum hosts and forum platforms as well someday. Or maybe someone else joins the game too and ends up offering the same thing, just for other remaining forum hosts and forum platforms.

However, as for the ZB service itself, it has no future anymore since it will be absorbed into Tapatalk.
Okay, thanks for the help! I think the big thing was just the look/feel of Zetaboards, I think we all miss it :(

This whole situation just really sucks and it's awful that it happened. Anything to bring back the feeling/look of Zetaboards is nice.

Gaomon274
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Definitely agree with ya there.

I've been recommending Jcink to people as they're the closest followed by something running MyBB.
(For a service like ZetaBoards, only one I can remotely recommend is CreateMyBB and even then I ran into bugs. The rest are either gone or running extremely outdated versions of the software.)

concerneduser1
[ * ]
Aaron
Aug 10 2018, 04:30 PM
Jcink doesn't "mimic" the (now I guess "retro/classic") Invision style, it is a modified version of IPB 1.3

As far as your question about Zetaboards, there are no projects that I am aware of, the developer of Zetaboards (and InvisionFree) was hired by TapaTalk so who knows what will happen with that.
Yeah sorry, I don't really know the technicalities and stuff. In my mind it looked/functioned similarly, so it was a mimic haha.

Hopefully someone starts some type of Zetaboards project in the future. I'm sure forum coding is a big undertaking, so anyone who would is a hero lol. Zetaboards was just unmatched in terms of quality.

Thanks for the help everyone :)
Gaomon274
Aug 10 2018, 04:50 PM
Definitely agree with ya there.

I've been recommending Jcink to people as they're the closest followed by something running MyBB.
(For a service like ZetaBoards, only one I can remotely recommend is CreateMyBB and even then I ran into bugs. The rest are either gone or running extremely outdated versions of the software.)
Good to know! We saved some of the code from a sister forum before the Tapatalk conversion, but none of us know what to do with it though/what is even is lol. Hopefully it could be helpful though. At this point we're just looking for a good replacement. Proboards is nice but it doesn't feel the same, you know?
Edited by concerneduser1, Aug 10 2018, 04:57 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · ZetaBoards Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply